By Justin Drabick
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A hot and humid air mass continues to build into the region from a stronger southerly wind flow. Tonight will be muggy and warm with low temperatures in the 70s. The core of the heat and humidity will arrive on Tuesday. High temperatures will be in the mid 90s but will feel more like the upper 90s. An approaching cold front will bring a chance of scattered late day showers and storms. Some of the storms could be severe, especially northwest of Philadelphia.
The heat and humidity will continue on Wednesday as the cold front begins to move through. More scattered shower and storm chances will continue with highs near 90. If we hit 90 degrees on Wednesday, it will be the 2nd heat wave of the season.
Behind the front, a less humid air mass will begin to build in on Thursday. Expect partly sunny skies will high temperatures back into the 80s. High temperatures remain near average in the mid to upper 80s on Friday into the weekend.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Super Bowl Champion Eagles ‘Discussing’ Visit To White House
- 3-Alarm Fire Ravages Apartment Complex In Willingboro
- Van Kills 10 And Injures 15 In Toronto; Driver In Custody
- Authorities: Bucks County Man Arrested For Crashing Into Home, Killing 86-Year-Old Woman
- Police: Father, Son Hospitalized Following Reported House Explosion