MT LAUREL, NJ (CBS) – New Jersey State Police say a trooper was involved in a shooting incident in Mount Laurel Monday while attempting to make an arrest during an investigation behind a motel on Route 73.
The incident was reported around 2:30 p.m. behind the Aloft Hotel on Route 73 and Fellowship Road.
Police say the person, who is now under arrest, was shot in the arm. Several troopers received minor injuries and were treated and released.
Police say as per normal protocols, the shooting is being investigated by the Attorney General’s Shooting Response Team.
Further details were not immediately available.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Daredevil Photographers Go To Dangerous Heights For Perfect Shot
- Barnegat Township Schools Set To Open As Search For Escaped Inmate Continues
- Sports Legends Of Delaware County Museum Gets New Home
- Homebrew Competition Of Biblical Proportions Set For This Weekend
- #TechInColor Hosts Annual Philly Tech Week Event