MT LAUREL, NJ (CBS) – New Jersey State Police say a trooper was involved in a shooting incident in Mount Laurel Monday while attempting to make an arrest during an investigation behind a motel on Route 73.
The incident was reported around 2:30 p.m. behind the Aloft Hotel on Route 73 and Fellowship Road.
Police say the person, who is now under arrest, was shot in the arm. Several troopers received minor injuries and were treated and released.
Police say as per normal protocols, the shooting is being investigated by the Attorney General’s Shooting Response Team.
Further details were not immediately available.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Community Rallies Behind Army Vet To Build A House For A Hero
- US Judge Blocks Trump’s Order To Cut Off Funding To Sanctuary Cities
- NFL Hopes To Leave Legacy Even After Draft Leaves Philadelphia
- 62 Imitation Guns Confiscated On Atlantic City Boardwalk
- SEPTA Outlines Mass Transit Game Plan Ahead Of NFL Draft