MT LAUREL, NJ (CBS) – New Jersey State Police say a trooper was involved in a shooting incident in Mount Laurel Monday while attempting to make an arrest during an investigation behind a motel on Route 73.
The incident was reported around 2:30 p.m. behind the Aloft Hotel on Route 73 and Fellowship Road.
Police say the person, who is now under arrest, was shot in the arm. Several troopers received minor injuries and were treated and released.
Police say as per normal protocols, the shooting is being investigated by the Attorney General’s Shooting Response Team.
Further details were not immediately available.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philly Neighborhood Tops Most Affordable Retail Corridor In US List
- Top 3 Tuesday: Find The Perfect Pet Without Getting Scammed
- Police: NJ Attendant Assaulted After Man Couldn’t Pump His Own Gas
- Arts & Business Council Awards Honor Philly’s Most Innovative, Philanthropic Leaders
- ‘Nuclear Power Plant Warning’ Sent Out In Error In Parts Of South Jersey