NEWARK, Del., (CBS) – The University of Delaware 911 Center received an anonymous bomb threat Monday night, officials said.
Shortly before 8 p.m., campus police alerted the university community to stay clear of the area near the Dickinson Complex, a housing complex on the western edge of campus.
Campus police sent out an alert: “UD Alert: Report of suspicious activity at Dickinson Complex; Police are on scene; please avoid the area until an all clear alert is received.”
University of Delaware Police bomb detection K-9 units, along with K-9 units from the Delaware Stater Police and New Castle County Police are currently sweeping the six affected buildings.
University officials say they have not found anything so far.
Authorities say they will send out another alert when the incident is over.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Delaware Woman Charged In Hit-And-Run That Left Chester Man Dead
- School Community Rallies Behind Principal After Controversial Firing
- Toys ‘R’ Us Liquidation Sales Delayed After Death Of Founder Charles Lazarus
- Camden County, Hospitals Partner Up To Buy Narcan In Bulk
- Tracking The Four Nor’easters Of March From The Very Beginning