NEWARK, Del., (CBS) – The University of Delaware 911 Center received an anonymous bomb threat Monday night, officials said.
Shortly before 8 p.m., campus police alerted the university community to stay clear of the area near the Dickinson Complex, a housing complex on the western edge of campus.
Campus police sent out an alert: “UD Alert: Report of suspicious activity at Dickinson Complex; Police are on scene; please avoid the area until an all clear alert is received.”
University of Delaware Police bomb detection K-9 units, along with K-9 units from the Delaware Stater Police and New Castle County Police are currently sweeping the six affected buildings.
University officials say they have not found anything so far.
Authorities say they will send out another alert when the incident is over.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- 3 Cheers: Hero Neighbors Help Save Lives During West Chester Inferno
- WINTER OUTLOOK: How Much Snow Will Fall This Season?
- Man Charged With Sexually Assaulting Boy He Met On ‘Grindr’ App
- Officer Saves Life Of Hockey Player Suffering From Heart Attack On Ice
- Lehigh Valley Farm Providing White House With Thanksgiving Turkeys For Nearly 60 Years