Police Investigate Bomb Threat At University Of Delaware
NEWARK, Del., (CBS) – The University of Delaware 911 Center received an anonymous bomb threat Monday night, officials said.
Shortly before 8 p.m., campus police alerted the university community to stay clear of the area near the Dickinson Complex, a housing complex on the western edge of campus.
Campus police sent out an alert: “UD Alert: Report of suspicious activity at Dickinson Complex; Police are on scene; please avoid the area until an all clear alert is received.”
University of Delaware Police bomb detection K-9 units, along with K-9 units from the Delaware Stater Police and New Castle County Police are currently sweeping the six affected buildings.
University officials say they have not found anything so far.
Authorities say they will send out another alert when the incident is over.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Sex Tape Involving Minors Making Rounds At Bucks County Middle School
- Suspect Arrested In Philadelphia Arson Attacks
- Search Is On For SEPTA Fare Evader
- NJ State Police Want Fugitive Living In Cuba Back In Prison
- What’s Cooking on 1060: Pizza, and What’s Open in Philly?