Delaware County Boy Receives The Gift Of Life On His 10th Birthday
By Suzanne Monaghan
NORWOOD, Pa., (CBS) — A Norwood, Delaware County boy got a very special gift on his 10th birthday — the gift of life. The family is hoping their story will encourage other families to consider organ donation.
Last August, Susan Lamey’s son, Noah, got sick with what they thought was a bad stomach virus, but the diagnosis turned out to be much more serious.
“All I heard was heart failure, and the rest of that, I heard nothing else,” Noah’s mother said.
Noah was diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy and would need a heart transplant.
“It was the worst day of my life,” she said.
Noah’s condition was treated with medication while his mother carried her phone by her side for several months waiting for the call.
“The phone rang. And I’m thinking who’s calling on Noah’s birthday on the golf course. Who could this possibly be?” she said.
It was the hospital and they had a heart for Noah. That was June 7 and just two weeks later, Noah got to go home. So what’s he looking forward to most?
“Getting back to doing all my sports and just getting back to a normal life,” Noah said.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Flooding Forces Dozens To Be Evacuated From Center City High-Rise
- City Officials Undecided Where Pope Francis Would Appear If He Visits Philadelphia
- 5 People Shot, 1 Fatally, Outside Feltonville Home
- Advocates Go Door-To-Door For Affordable Care Act
- Community Holds Vigil To Honor Victims Of Fatal Delco Double Shooting