Chase Utley Named To His Sixth All-Star Game
Buy Phillies Tickets
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — For the sixth time in his 12-year Major League Baseball career, Phillies fan favorite Chase Utley is an all-star. Utley was named the starting second-baseman for the National League thanks to the fan vote.
Utley, 35, has a .286/.345/.433 slash-line, with six home runs, 40 RBI’s, and 24 doubles despite the Phillies’ 37-51 record. This will be Utley’s first all-star game appearance since 2010, as he has been dealing with knee-injuries over the past few seasons.
“It would be ideal if we had more wins in the win column,” Utley said. “Obviously, I’m honored to represent the Phillies and the National League. It’s going to be a lot of fun. It’s been a number of years since I’ve been able to participate. Everyone knows I had some issues over the last few years. It’s nice to know that over time that the hard work has paid off.”
The 2014 Midsummer Classic will be held on July 15th at Target Field in Minneapolis.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- The Center Of Attention: The Offensive Line ‘Is Getting Better Each Week’
- Philly’s 94WIP, Dallas’ The Fan Square Off During Live Simulcast
- 5 Approaches To Eating Dinner And Watching Eagles Vs. Cowboys On Thanksgiving
- College Football Spotlight: A Time To Be Thankful For Rivalries
- Temple Hosts Cincinnati Saturday In Home Finale