Chase Utley Named To His Sixth All-Star Game
Phillies CentralShop for Phillies Gear
Buy Phillies Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — For the sixth time in his 12-year Major League Baseball career, Phillies fan favorite Chase Utley is an all-star. Utley was named the starting second-baseman for the National League thanks to the fan vote.
Utley, 35, has a .286/.345/.433 slash-line, with six home runs, 40 RBI’s, and 24 doubles despite the Phillies’ 37-51 record. This will be Utley’s first all-star game appearance since 2010, as he has been dealing with knee-injuries over the past few seasons.
“It would be ideal if we had more wins in the win column,” Utley said. “Obviously, I’m honored to represent the Phillies and the National League. It’s going to be a lot of fun. It’s been a number of years since I’ve been able to participate. Everyone knows I had some issues over the last few years. It’s nice to know that over time that the hard work has paid off.”
The 2014 Midsummer Classic will be held on July 15th at Target Field in Minneapolis.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Poll: Would You Trade Places With Ryan Howard?
- Donovan McNabb Says Expectations Are Too High For Nick Foles
- Sandberg Admits Howard Was Angry With Benching
- New Eagles Matthews, Sproles Amplifying Work Ethic On Offense
- For Second Straight Season, Chip Kelly Joins Angelo Cataldi On 94WIP Every Monday