Chase Utley Named To His Sixth All-Star Game
Phillies CentralShop for Phillies Gear
Buy Phillies Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — For the sixth time in his 12-year Major League Baseball career, Phillies fan favorite Chase Utley is an all-star. Utley was named the starting second-baseman for the National League thanks to the fan vote.
Utley, 35, has a .286/.345/.433 slash-line, with six home runs, 40 RBI’s, and 24 doubles despite the Phillies’ 37-51 record. This will be Utley’s first all-star game appearance since 2010, as he has been dealing with knee-injuries over the past few seasons.
“It would be ideal if we had more wins in the win column,” Utley said. “Obviously, I’m honored to represent the Phillies and the National League. It’s going to be a lot of fun. It’s been a number of years since I’ve been able to participate. Everyone knows I had some issues over the last few years. It’s nice to know that over time that the hard work has paid off.”
The 2014 Midsummer Classic will be held on July 15th at Target Field in Minneapolis.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Eagles Expect Emotional Return From Jackson
- Eagles Tickets 7% Above Average For Sunday’s Game Vs. Redskins
- 6 Types Of People In Your Fantasy Football League
- Hamels Looks To End Phillies’ Skid In San Diego
- Former Penn Charter Star Matt Ryan To Face Tampa Bay On Thursday Night Football