By Justin Drabick
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — It doesn’t feel like the July 4th holiday with below average temperatures and a very dry air mass in place. High temperatures Saturday only reached the low 80s, with average highs in the mid to upper 80s for this time of year. The dew point temperature, which measures the humidity was extremely low, in the 40s Saturday. Translation: a very dry air mass with no humidity, which is rare this time of year.
Southerly winds return Sunday, allowing temperatures to return to near average in the mid to upper 80s. Humidity levels still remain on the low side as we finish the holiday weekend, but slightly more humid today.
90 degree temperatures and higher humidity levels make a return next week with shower and storm chances. And we could be in for our second heat wave of the summer starting Monday through Wednesday.
Sunday: Mostly Sunny. High 88
Sunday: Sunny. High 80
Sunday: Mostly Sunny. High 80
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Hungry Sea Lion Pup Makes Her Way Into Fancy Restaurant
- Police Search For Suspect Accused Of Assaulting Man With Metal Cane
- Starbucks Paying Less For Coffee Beans, But It Won’t Affect You
- Police Searching For Missing 16-Year-Old Montgomery County Girl
- Dorney Park Offers To Rehire Special Needs Man After Social Media Wrath