PHILADELPHIA (CBS/AP) — Repair crews are making steady progress on restoring power to customers left without electricity after powerful thunderstorms moved across Pennsylvania.
PECO is reporting that around 700 customers remain without power in Philadelphia and its suburbs.
Here are the numbers as of 10 p.m. Saturday:
Chester County: 400 outages
Montgomery County: 20 outages
Delaware County: 100 outages
Philadelphia: 200 outages
At the storm’s peak, nearly 171,000 utility customers had no power throughout Pennsylvania.
Thursday’s stormy weather forced the postponement of several fireworks displays (See Related Story).
PECO says customers can expect all power to be restored by Saturday night.
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Main Line Society of Professional Women To Host Event With Local New York Times Best-Selling Author
- Man Rushed To Hospital After Shooting In Voorhees
- NJ Nurses Part Of Audio Team Working Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Woman And Children Injured By Hit And Run Driver Home From Hospital
- Here’s Why ‘Go Red For Women Day’ Is So Important