UPDATE: Philadelphia Police Locate Missing Mentally Challenged Man
By Molly Daly
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia police say a young, mentally challenged man from Dauphin County who went missing Friday night during the Welcome America Festival on the Ben Franklin Parkway has been found.
Police say 24-year-old Trayvon Henderson was located early Saturday afternoon after he walked into a fast food restaurant at 8th and Market Streets in Center City, charged his cell phone and called his mother.
Henderson and his family had traveled to Philadelphia from Harrisburg for the July 4th concert and fireworks. Relatives say he wandered off around 10:30 p.m. Friday while they were getting food from one of the stands near Eakins Oval at 23rd and the Parkway.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Year In Review: Montgomery County Man Sentenced To Death In Killing Of Infant, Grandmother
- Year In Review: Budget Turmoil For The Philadelphia School District
- Year In Review: A New Governor Elected In Pa.
- Year In Review: Traffic Court Corruption Exposed In Court In 2014
- PennDOT To Remove, Replace Seven Bridges Over Vine Street Expressway