Fans Talk ‘Seinfeld’ 25 Years After Show’s Pilot Episode
By Hadas Kuznits
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — It’s been 25 years since the popular TV show ‘Seinfeld’ made its debut. Folks who grew up watching the sitcom say they can’t believe it’s been that long since the first episode aired.
“Oh my gosh. Is it really? It makes me feel old.”
“I feel like I’ve seen every episode, but it seems like we were just watching it.”
Fans of ‘Seinfeld’ say the show has so much become a part of their lives, it has infiltrated their conversations and cultural references.
“Elaine, the dancing episode, because we tease my sister about that a lot — that she dances like Elaine.”
“My favorite episode is when Jerry has the overdue library book.”
The show introduced viewers to various foods.
“We would see something on there and we would try Ovaltine or we’d try the chocolate babka, because they’d just talk about it on there! It’s like, hmmmm, let’s check it out!”
And, of course, there were lessons to be learned:
“You get what you pay for. Don’t be cheap and don’t be rude!”
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Brotherly Love: Feeding South Jersey Kids All Summer
- Philadelphia Developing New Ways To Deal With Rain Through Its Permeable Paving Pilot Project
- Congressmen Inspect Central Pa. Facility Housing Immigrant Children
- Collingdale Police Investigating Alleged Road Rage Stabbing
- Typical Late July Weather This Week