Fans Talk ‘Seinfeld’ 25 Years After Show’s Pilot Episode
By Hadas Kuznits
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — It’s been 25 years since the popular TV show ‘Seinfeld’ made its debut. Folks who grew up watching the sitcom say they can’t believe it’s been that long since the first episode aired.
“Oh my gosh. Is it really? It makes me feel old.”
“I feel like I’ve seen every episode, but it seems like we were just watching it.”
Fans of ‘Seinfeld’ say the show has so much become a part of their lives, it has infiltrated their conversations and cultural references.
“Elaine, the dancing episode, because we tease my sister about that a lot — that she dances like Elaine.”
“My favorite episode is when Jerry has the overdue library book.”
The show introduced viewers to various foods.
“We would see something on there and we would try Ovaltine or we’d try the chocolate babka, because they’d just talk about it on there! It’s like, hmmmm, let’s check it out!”
And, of course, there were lessons to be learned:
“You get what you pay for. Don’t be cheap and don’t be rude!”
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Registration Now Open For One Of Philadelphia’s Biggest Races
- April Fools! Local Expert Weighs In On Pros And Cons Of Pulling A Prank
- Allergy Season Is Here, And It Could Be Worse Than Usual
- City Council Up In Arms Over Nutter Administration Property Reassessment Plans
- Community Comes Together To Show Support For Young Girl Battling Cancer