FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Tesho Akindele had an early goal and FC Dallas got the go-ahead score on the Philadelphia Union’s own goal in a 2-1 victory Friday night.
FC Dallas (7-7-5) took the lead in the 49th minute when Philadelphia (4-8-6) misplayed a clearance inside the box. Fabinho deflected the ball off a helpless Sheanon Williams, who was credited with the own goal.
Akindele opened the scoring in the 26th minute, one-timed a straight-ahead chip from Blas Perez.
The Union tied it just before halftime when Amobi Okugo punched in a low finish off Cristian Maidana’s cross.
Dallas goalkeeper Chris Seitz hurt his knee on a goal kick in the 72nd minute and left the game on a stretcher. Raul Fernandez had two saves in relief to seal the victory.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Pup Released, Received Free Medical Care After Being Found In Trash Bag In Lawncrest
- Expert Explains: If You Want To Talk Politics, Be Informed
- Weather: Warm Temperatures Continue, Major Rain Ahead
- Pot Smokers ‘Toke Back The Wall’ In Rittenhouse Square
- Woman Claims She Suffered Hundreds Of Bedbug Bites In Bahamas