PHILADELPHIA, PA (CBS) — According to a report from The Philadelphia Inquirer, former Temple basketball player, Rick Brunson, was arrested in a Chicago suburb on June 25th. According to the police report, Brunson was arrested for sexual assault at a local fitness center.
Brunson was expected to be returning to Temple as an assistant coach under Head Coach Fran Dunphy. The decision was believed to be announced later this month. Neither Temple University or Brunson have commented on the report.
The incident creates some real suspense for fans of Temple’s basketball program. Brunson’s son, Jalen Brunson, is a high school senior and ESPN has ranked him as their number one point guard prospect.
The younger Brunson is expected to make his college decision in November and Temple is believed to be one of the school’s he is considering.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Topps Selling Baseball Card Collection For Over $20,000
- Eagles Week 14 Injury Report: Jordan Matthews And Ryan Mathews Expected To Return
- What To Look For In Eagles/Redskins Sunday
- Jeff Hardy Opens Up About TNA Wrestling, Concussion Fears, New Album
- Watch: PSU Fan Surprised With Rose Bowl Tickets Breaks Down