PHILADELPHIA, PA (CBS) — According to a report from The Philadelphia Inquirer, former Temple basketball player, Rick Brunson, was arrested in a Chicago suburb on June 25th. According to the police report, Brunson was arrested for sexual assault at a local fitness center.
Brunson was expected to be returning to Temple as an assistant coach under Head Coach Fran Dunphy. The decision was believed to be announced later this month. Neither Temple University or Brunson have commented on the report.
The incident creates some real suspense for fans of Temple’s basketball program. Brunson’s son, Jalen Brunson, is a high school senior and ESPN has ranked him as their number one point guard prospect.
The younger Brunson is expected to make his college decision in November and Temple is believed to be one of the school’s he is considering.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Fired-Up Joel Embiid Powers 76ers Over Jazz 107-86
- ‘We Kicked Their Butt’: Fans Return Back To Philly From Dallas Following Dominating Eagles’ Win Against Cowboys
- Investigators: Roy Halladay Performed Turns Before Crash
- Eagles Have 16 Percent Chance Of Winning Super Bowl
- Phillies Announce 2018 Spring Training Schedule