Philly Native Kyle Lowry Signs $48 Million Contract With Raptors
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Kyle Lowry has signed a new four-year deal, worth $48 million with the Toronto Raptors. Lowry, 28, was considered one of the top guards on the free-agent market after averaging 17.9 points and 7.4 assists per game last season, while leading the Raptors to their first playoff appearance since 2008.
Lowry, born in Philadelphia, started his basketball journey playing at both Cardinal Dougherty and Northeast High School. Lowry went on to play two years at Villanova, earning All Big-East Rookie team (2004-05) and All Big-East Second Team (2005-06) honors.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Val Arkoosh Set to Be Sworn in As Replacement Montgomery County Commissioner
- Police: Suspect Arrested In Alleged Attack On Teen Girl On SEPTA Trolley
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Pres. Obama, VP Biden Coming to Philadelphia This Week
- Suspect Accused Of Lewd Act In South Jersey Wawa Parking Lot Arrested
- Camden County Declares ‘Code Blue’ For Homeless