Philly Native Kyle Lowry Signs $48 Million Contract With Raptors
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Kyle Lowry has signed a new four-year deal, worth $48 million with the Toronto Raptors. Lowry, 28, was considered one of the top guards on the free-agent market after averaging 17.9 points and 7.4 assists per game last season, while leading the Raptors to their first playoff appearance since 2008.
Lowry, born in Philadelphia, started his basketball journey playing at both Cardinal Dougherty and Northeast High School. Lowry went on to play two years at Villanova, earning All Big-East Rookie team (2004-05) and All Big-East Second Team (2005-06) honors.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Community Gathers To Remember 3-Year-Old Boy At Candlelight Vigil In Haddon Township
- Recent Death Of Young Transgender Woman Sparks Conversation About Danger Many Transgender Women Face
- Police: 14-Year-Old Dies After North Philadelphia Shooting
- City Breaks Ground On New Phillies Urban Youth Academy
- The Rosenbach Celebrates 150 Years Of Alice In Wonderland