PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Kyle Lowry has signed a new four-year deal, worth $48 million with the Toronto Raptors. Lowry, 28, was considered one of the top guards on the free-agent market after averaging 17.9 points and 7.4 assists per game last season, while leading the Raptors to their first playoff appearance since 2008.
Lowry, born in Philadelphia, started his basketball journey playing at both Cardinal Dougherty and Northeast High School. Lowry went on to play two years at Villanova, earning All Big-East Rookie team (2004-05) and All Big-East Second Team (2005-06) honors.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- New Jersey Man Arrested In Georgia, Accused Of Fatally Shooting Teen In Cherry Hill
- Water Department’s ‘RainCheck’ Team Find Pleasure In Precipitation
- Family Demands Answers After Man Gets Fatally Shot Outside Grandmother’s Viewing
- Officials Release New Information On PA Turnpike Brick Throwing Incident
- Large Sinkhole Shuts Down River Road In Upper Merion