PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Nothing screams tradition in sports more than the Penn State simple blue and white football uniforms. On Tuesday, College Football 24/7 ranked the top uniforms in college football and Penn State’s classic uni style topped the list.
“There’s just something great about seeing seeing the clean lines and classic look of the Nittany Lions once the team will take the field with a white-out at Beaver Stadium,” Bryan Fischer wrote on NFL.com.
Penn State opens their 2014 season in Ireland against UCF on August 30th. Langhorne, PA (Neshaminy High School) native James Franklin, 42, will make his head coaching debut for the Nittany Lions. Franklin has yet to announce if he will leave the names on the back of the jerseys, something former head coach Bill O’Brien recently implemented.
Oregon, Washington, Notre Dame, and Arkansas rounded out the 2014 five best uniforms in college football, according to the list.
You can see the full list here.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- PSU Student Starts GoFundMe Page To Repair OSU Riot Damage
- Seth Joyner Told Jerry Jones He Would ‘Never Wear That Star’
- Anderson, Booker Ignite Broncos In 27-9 Win Over Texans
- Pat Gallen Gets Special Training Session With Philadelphia Union
- Eagles Reportedly Interested In WR’s Torrey Smith, Alshon Jeffery