Six Flags Great Adventure Set To Open Drop Ride
JACKSON, N.J. (AP) — A theme park in New Jersey is set to open what it calls the world’s tallest and fastest drop ride.
Reporters on Wednesday will get a preview of Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson.
Riders will be hoisted 415 feet in the air and dropped back to the ground at 90 mph. Adding to the thrill: The park’s Kingda Ka roller coaster trains will hurl toward riders on Zumanjaro at speeds of up to 128 mph.
The three, 41-story towers will feature gondolas for eight riders.
The ride will open to the general public on Friday, July Fourth.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Spike In Suicides Among Philadelphia Firefighters Calls Attention To Pressures Of Job
- Changing Traffic Patterns Could Cause Big Tie-Ups This Weekend On I-95 In Philadelphia
- Police Rescue Two Dozen Drivers After Rain, Hail Hit Toms River, NJ
- Tall Ships Festival Coming To The Delaware River In June
- Police: Man Facing Charges In Connection With 2 Alleged Assaults In Delaware County