JACKSON, N.J. (AP) — A theme park in New Jersey is set to open what it calls the world’s tallest and fastest drop ride.
Reporters on Wednesday will get a preview of Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson.
Riders will be hoisted 415 feet in the air and dropped back to the ground at 90 mph. Adding to the thrill: The park’s Kingda Ka roller coaster trains will hurl toward riders on Zumanjaro at speeds of up to 128 mph.
The three, 41-story towers will feature gondolas for eight riders.
The ride will open to the general public on Friday, July Fourth.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- NJ Supreme Court: Towns Must Update Affordable Housing Goals To Address State Inaction
- Delaware Blaze That Displaced 8 People Ruled Arson
- Consumer Agency Sues Navient Over Student Loan Repayments
- Ringling Brothers Circus Comes To Town Next Month For Last Time
- Hundreds Of Students To March In Philly For Women’s Rights