By Steve Beck
HATFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. (CBS) –- Police are searching for a suspect who they say stole the wallet of a baseball umpire and then used the victim’s credit cards to make purchases at several stores in Montgomery County.
Investigators say they are looking for 45-year-old Charles J. Campbell Jr. in connection with the incident that occurred on June 14th in Hatfield Township.
According to police, the victim was umpiring a baseball game at School Road Park. When he returned to his car, he discovered that his wallet, which contained several credit cards, was stolen.
Investigators say Campbell Jr. used the stolen credit cards at several stores in Hatfield and Towamencin Townships.
Campbell Jr. is facing charges of Forgery, Access Device Fraud, Theft and related offenses and an active warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Anyone with information on Campbell’s whereabouts is urged to contact the Hatfield Township Police Department at 215-855-0903.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Sunken, 600-year-old Buddha Emerges From Water In China
- What Are The Odds? Mom, Dad, Son All Share Birthday
- Newborn Abducted From Hospital Found Alive 18 Years Later, Sheriff Says
- Smart Billboard Coughs If You Smoke Near It
- ‘Be Feminine And Lady-Like’: Parents Outraged Over High School’s Dating Assignment