PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Call it a Philly take on a Hollywood classic.
Geno’s Steaks, one of the city’s most famous cheesesteak shops, plans to offer Willy Wonka-esque “golden tickets” throughout the month of July.
The iconic eatery says it will be randomly hiding golden tickets inside the wrappings of five steaks, offering winners a behind-the-scenes tour of the restaurant with Geno Vento, as well as complimentary lunch and an afternoon Phillies game versus the New York Mets.
Geno, who credits his childhood love of “Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory” with giving him the idea for the promotion, is the second generation owner of the shop.
Anyone who wants to get their hands on one can follow #GenosGoldenTicket on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get updates.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Threats Against Several Schools In New Jersey, Pennsylvania Lead To Arrests
- Woman Apprehended After Vehicle Hits Security Barrier Near White House
- 5 Charged With Theft For Bogus Superstorm Sandy Aid Claims
- Teen Arrested For Allegedly Making Shooting Threats At West Deptford High
- Philadelphia Lawyer In Prison For Having Sex With Teen Sex Trafficking Victim Disbarred