Iconic Philly Cheesesteak Shop Offering Lucky Patrons ‘Golden Tickets’ Throughout July
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Call it a Philly take on a Hollywood classic.
Geno’s Steaks, one of the city’s most famous cheesesteak shops, plans to offer Willy Wonka-esque “golden tickets” throughout the month of July.
The iconic eatery says it will be randomly hiding golden tickets inside the wrappings of five steaks, offering winners a behind-the-scenes tour of the restaurant with Geno Vento, as well as complimentary lunch and an afternoon Phillies game versus the New York Mets.
Geno, who credits his childhood love of “Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory” with giving him the idea for the promotion, is the second generation owner of the shop.
Anyone who wants to get their hands on one can follow #GenosGoldenTicket on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get updates.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Oh, The Irony: Easter Egg Cookies Sold In Pa. Voluntarily Recalled For Containing Eggs
- Investigation Ongoing In Alleged Photo Scandal At Montgomery County High School
- Pa. Burglar Steals More Than 100 Candy Bars
- Swiped Painting Of Jesus Returned To Pa. Restaurant With Note Apologizing For ‘Drunken Mistake’
- Berks County Native Taylor Swift Tops Fortune’s List Of World’s Greatest Female Leaders