PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Call it a Philly take on a Hollywood classic.
Geno’s Steaks, one of the city’s most famous cheesesteak shops, plans to offer Willy Wonka-esque “golden tickets” throughout the month of July.
The iconic eatery says it will be randomly hiding golden tickets inside the wrappings of five steaks, offering winners a behind-the-scenes tour of the restaurant with Geno Vento, as well as complimentary lunch and an afternoon Phillies game versus the New York Mets.
Geno, who credits his childhood love of “Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory” with giving him the idea for the promotion, is the second generation owner of the shop.
Anyone who wants to get their hands on one can follow #GenosGoldenTicket on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get updates.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- 2 Yale University Seniors Claim They Have Developed Hangover Cure
- Restaurant Bans Children Under Age Of 5
- IHOP Server Receives Praise After Helping Disabled Woman Eat Her Meal
- Police: Homeowner’s Son Fatally Shoots 3 Suspected Robbers With AR-15 Rifle
- Frontier Offering Non-Stop Flights From PHL To San Juan, Introductory $59 Fares