Iconic Philly Cheesesteak Shop Offering Lucky Patrons ‘Golden Tickets’ Throughout July
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Call it a Philly take on a Hollywood classic.
Geno’s Steaks, one of the city’s most famous cheesesteak shops, plans to offer Willy Wonka-esque “golden tickets” throughout the month of July.
The iconic eatery says it will be randomly hiding golden tickets inside the wrappings of five steaks, offering winners a behind-the-scenes tour of the restaurant with Geno Vento, as well as complimentary lunch and an afternoon Phillies game versus the New York Mets.
Geno, who credits his childhood love of “Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory” with giving him the idea for the promotion, is the second generation owner of the shop.
Anyone who wants to get their hands on one can follow #GenosGoldenTicket on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get updates.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Bobcat That Escaped From New Jersey Home Captured–Again
- Police Arrest Man Accused Of Squeezing Woman’s Toes In South Jersey Parking Lot
- Survey: More Than One Quarter Of Millennials Have Quit A Job Due To An Uncivil Workplace
- Study: As College Progresses, Students More Likely To Have Sex & Less Likely To Use Condoms When Hooking Up
- Del. Woman Reportedly Looking For Prescription Drugs Gets Screened For Ebola After Calling 911 Four Times In One Day