PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Call it a Philly take on a Hollywood classic.
Geno’s Steaks, one of the city’s most famous cheesesteak shops, plans to offer Willy Wonka-esque “golden tickets” throughout the month of July.
The iconic eatery says it will be randomly hiding golden tickets inside the wrappings of five steaks, offering winners a behind-the-scenes tour of the restaurant with Geno Vento, as well as complimentary lunch and an afternoon Phillies game versus the New York Mets.
Geno, who credits his childhood love of “Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory” with giving him the idea for the promotion, is the second generation owner of the shop.
Anyone who wants to get their hands on one can follow #GenosGoldenTicket on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get updates.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- ‘That’s My Man’: FLOTUS Tweets At POTUS After DNC Speech
- How Uber Punishes Drivers Who Refuse To Use UberPool
- Pitbull Rescued From Mike Vick Dog-Fighting Ring Spends Day Snuggling Kittens
- Disney-Owned Film Studio Claims Responsibility For Harrison Ford’s Broken Leg
- Wait, The Ice Bucket Challenge Actually Worked?