Flyers Sign Defenseman Nick Schultz; Part Ways With Tye McGinn
PHILADELPHIA, PA (CBS) — The Flyers have signed defenseman Nick Schultz to a one-year deal. Schultz has played for three NHL teams before coming to Philadelphia. He has played for Minnesota, Edmonton and Columbus, splitting last season between the Oilers and the Blue Jackets.
Schultz spent the bulk of his career in Minnesota after being drafted by the team in 2000 as the 33rd overall selection.
Schultz tallied 26 goals and 102 assists for 128 points while on his way to becoming the Minnesota franchise leader in games played.
The Flyers also acquired San Jose’s third round pick in 2015 in exchange for forward Tye Mcginn.
McGinn appeared in 18 games last season for the Flyers. McGinn has registered seven goals and 10 points in 36 regular season games with Philadelphia over the last two seasons.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Phillies Place Harang On DL, Call Up Billingsley
- Flyers To Hold Development Camp From July 7 – July 12
- My Favorite Course: Dave Shedloski
- PPL Park, Home Stadium for Philadelphia Union, Getting a Name Change
- Eagles’ Backup QB Situation Ranked Best In NFL