PHILADELPHIA, PA (CBS) — The Flyers have signed defenseman Nick Schultz to a one-year deal. Schultz has played for three NHL teams before coming to Philadelphia. He has played for Minnesota, Edmonton and Columbus, splitting last season between the Oilers and the Blue Jackets.
Schultz spent the bulk of his career in Minnesota after being drafted by the team in 2000 as the 33rd overall selection.
Schultz tallied 26 goals and 102 assists for 128 points while on his way to becoming the Minnesota franchise leader in games played.
The Flyers also acquired San Jose’s third round pick in 2015 in exchange for forward Tye Mcginn.
McGinn appeared in 18 games last season for the Flyers. McGinn has registered seven goals and 10 points in 36 regular season games with Philadelphia over the last two seasons.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Two Guys Begin Packers Betting Streak With Eagles Game
- Penn State Hockey Ranked No. 1 For First Time In Program History
- Report: Eagles Considering Letting Jason Kelce Go
- Jenkins, Brunson, Lead No. 1 Villanova Past Seton Hall 76-46
- Embiid’s Strong 4th Leads Sixers Over Bucks