By Steve Beck
WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — A discarded box spring more than likely saved the life of a toddler who fell out a third story window in Delaware Tuesday evening.
The incident happened at about 6:30 p.m. in the 200 block of N. Broom Street in Wilmington.
According to investigators, a two-year-old child accidentally fell from an open third floor window.
Miraculously, the child landed on a box spring that was discarded in the back of the home.
The child was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
So far, no charges have been filed.
The incident remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Report: Pennsylvania Residents Can Legally Purchase, Use Aerial Fireworks In-State
- ADHD Drug Use In Pregnancy Increases Risk Of Heart Defects, Study Finds
- Delaware Officials Announce First Flu-Related Death Of 2017-18 Season
- Cosmo DiNardo May Still Face Death Penalty In Bucks County Murders
- Rock Hall 2018 Class: Nina Simone, Bon Jovi, The Moody Blues And More