Discarded Box Spring Saves Child After 3-Story Fall In Delaware
By Steve Beck
WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — A discarded box spring more than likely saved the life of a toddler who fell out a third story window in Delaware Tuesday evening.
The incident happened at about 6:30 p.m. in the 200 block of N. Broom Street in Wilmington.
According to investigators, a two-year-old child accidentally fell from an open third floor window.
Miraculously, the child landed on a box spring that was discarded in the back of the home.
The child was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
So far, no charges have been filed.
The incident remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Bobcat That Escaped From New Jersey Home Captured–Again
- Police Arrest Man Accused Of Squeezing Woman’s Toes In South Jersey Parking Lot
- Survey: More Than One Quarter Of Millennials Have Quit A Job Due To An Uncivil Workplace
- Study: As College Progresses, Students More Likely To Have Sex & Less Likely To Use Condoms When Hooking Up
- Del. Woman Reportedly Looking For Prescription Drugs Gets Screened For Ebola After Calling 911 Four Times In One Day