Discarded Box Spring Saves Child After 3-Story Fall In Delaware
By Steve Beck
WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — A discarded box spring more than likely saved the life of a toddler who fell out a third story window in Delaware Tuesday evening.
The incident happened at about 6:30 p.m. in the 200 block of N. Broom Street in Wilmington.
According to investigators, a two-year-old child accidentally fell from an open third floor window.
Miraculously, the child landed on a box spring that was discarded in the back of the home.
The child was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
So far, no charges have been filed.
The incident remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Facebook Introduces New Feature To Help Prevent Suicide
- Internet Activists Use Grumpy Cat In Aerial Jab At Comcast
- Pa. Among Top 10 States With The Worst Taxes For The Average American
- Dog On The Tracks Disrupts SEPTA Service To 69th Street Station
- Study: Super-long Eyelashes Might Be Pretty, But They Could Be Harmful To Your Eyes