By Steve Beck
WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — A discarded box spring more than likely saved the life of a toddler who fell out a third story window in Delaware Tuesday evening.
The incident happened at about 6:30 p.m. in the 200 block of N. Broom Street in Wilmington.
According to investigators, a two-year-old child accidentally fell from an open third floor window.
Miraculously, the child landed on a box spring that was discarded in the back of the home.
The child was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
So far, no charges have been filed.
The incident remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Police: Man Charged For Eating Pancakes In Street
- Family In Court Battle With State To Officially Name Child ‘Allah’
- New Jersey Teen’s Tissue, Organ Donations Helped Save Nearly 100 Lives
- Young Girl Severely Burns Hands Making Homemade Slime
- ‘Devastating And Catastrophic Loss’: 33 Reptiles Mysteriously Die At Zoo