Discarded Box Spring Saves Child After 3-Story Fall In Delaware
By Steve Beck
WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — A discarded box spring more than likely saved the life of a toddler who fell out a third story window in Delaware Tuesday evening.
The incident happened at about 6:30 p.m. in the 200 block of N. Broom Street in Wilmington.
According to investigators, a two-year-old child accidentally fell from an open third floor window.
Miraculously, the child landed on a box spring that was discarded in the back of the home.
The child was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
So far, no charges have been filed.
The incident remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Libertarian Group Ranks Kane As Nation’s Worst Attorney General
- Parents Using ‘Shuddle’ App To Drive Students To And From School
- Kraft Heinz Recalls More Than 2M Pounds Of Turkey Bacon
- Survey: Young Breast Cancer Survivors Make Treatment Choices Based On Fertility Concerns
- Suspect Sent Rosie O’Donnell’s Daughter Nude Photo, Prosecutors Say