Discarded Box Spring Saves Child After 3-Story Fall In Delaware
By Steve Beck
WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — A discarded box spring more than likely saved the life of a toddler who fell out a third story window in Delaware Tuesday evening.
The incident happened at about 6:30 p.m. in the 200 block of N. Broom Street in Wilmington.
According to investigators, a two-year-old child accidentally fell from an open third floor window.
Miraculously, the child landed on a box spring that was discarded in the back of the home.
The child was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
So far, no charges have been filed.
The incident remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Just In Time For Made In America, Young Cancer Patient At CHOP Covers Jay Z In Hopes Of Meeting The Rapper
- 3 Philadelphia Creations On List Of America’s 15 Most Outrageous Foods
- Controversial Toronto Mayor Dances His Troubles Away
- 5 South Jersey Counties Make Top 15 In List Of Most Dangerous In The U.S.
- Bruce Springsteen Is Publishing A Children’s Book