By Steve Beck
WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — A discarded box spring more than likely saved the life of a toddler who fell out a third story window in Delaware Tuesday evening.
The incident happened at about 6:30 p.m. in the 200 block of N. Broom Street in Wilmington.
According to investigators, a two-year-old child accidentally fell from an open third floor window.
Miraculously, the child landed on a box spring that was discarded in the back of the home.
The child was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
So far, no charges have been filed.
The incident remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Swimming Pool Manufacturing Worker Killed After Being Trapped Under 1,200-Pound Mold
- Man Gets Outrageous ‘Law And Order SVU’ Tattoo
- People Claim To See Creepy Face In Massachusetts Town’s Lamp Post
- Johnny Depp Turns Up At Disneyland As Capt. Jack Sparrow (And Fans Lose It)
- Toyota Recalls 228,000 Tacoma Trucks