By Steve Beck
WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — A discarded box spring more than likely saved the life of a toddler who fell out a third story window in Delaware Tuesday evening.
The incident happened at about 6:30 p.m. in the 200 block of N. Broom Street in Wilmington.
According to investigators, a two-year-old child accidentally fell from an open third floor window.
Miraculously, the child landed on a box spring that was discarded in the back of the home.
The child was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
So far, no charges have been filed.
The incident remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Does Proper Grammar Matter? Study Says It Does When It Comes To Getting A Date
- Rutgers Apologizes For Banning Students From Job Fair For Wearing Wrong-Colored Suits
- Tesla Driver Risks His Own Safety To Save Unconscious Driver
- Man Accused Of Plotting To Blow Up Several East Coast Target Stores To Lower Company’s Stock Value
- Woman Uses Powerful Photo Of Over 450 IVF Needles To Reveal Pregnancy