Discarded Box Spring Saves Child After 3-Story Fall In Delaware
By Steve Beck
WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — A discarded box spring more than likely saved the life of a toddler who fell out a third story window in Delaware Tuesday evening.
The incident happened at about 6:30 p.m. in the 200 block of N. Broom Street in Wilmington.
According to investigators, a two-year-old child accidentally fell from an open third floor window.
Miraculously, the child landed on a box spring that was discarded in the back of the home.
The child was taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
So far, no charges have been filed.
The incident remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Pa. Senator: Colorado Trip Included Taking Hits Of Pot
- Woman From Sudan Who Faced Death Over Faith Scheduled To Arrive In Philadelphia
- Police: Juveniles Break Into Montgomery Co. Home, Bake Some Pot Brownies
- 5-Year-Old Boy From Pa. Creates And Designs His Own App
- And The 2014 Unhealthiest Restaurant Items In America Are…