PHILADELPHIA, PA (CBS) — On Monday night the Sixers announced that they waived shooting guard James Anderson. The move came on the eve of NBA Free Agency. Anderson was acquired by the Sixers on July 16, 2013 off waivers from the Houston Rockets.
In 80 games played for the Sixers, Anderson averaged 10.1 points per game, 3.8 boards and 1.9 assists in 28.9 minutes per game.
Anderson served as the team’s primary threat from beyond the arc, but was only able to muster up 32.8% shooting from long range.
Keep up with all the latest moves in free agency with the NBA Free Agency Tracker.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- It’s Official: Lady Gaga Will Headline The Super Bowl Halftime Show
- The NFL Is Trying To Hire More Women
- Phillies Play Final Road Game Of Season Tonight In Atlanta
- Ryan Howard’s Top 10 Moments
- Boomer Between The Games: Week 4 Preview With Mike Quick