PHILADELPHIA, PA (CBS) — On Monday night the Sixers announced that they waived shooting guard James Anderson. The move came on the eve of NBA Free Agency. Anderson was acquired by the Sixers on July 16, 2013 off waivers from the Houston Rockets.
In 80 games played for the Sixers, Anderson averaged 10.1 points per game, 3.8 boards and 1.9 assists in 28.9 minutes per game.
Anderson served as the team’s primary threat from beyond the arc, but was only able to muster up 32.8% shooting from long range.
Keep up with all the latest moves in free agency with the NBA Free Agency Tracker.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Flyers Eliminated From Playoffs After Losing Game 6
- Altherr Hits Walk-off Single In Extra Innings, Phillies Sweep Pirates
- Ukee Washington Inducted Into Delaware Afro-American Sports Hall Of Fame
- Phillies Improve To 8-1 At Home With 6-2 Win Over Pirates
- Sixers Top Heat 106-102, Simmons 1st Rookie To Record Playoff Triple-double Since Magic Johnson