PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The striking of a gas main forced the evacuation of at least one home in Philadelphia Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 10 a.m. in the 200 block of West Hortter Street near Emlen Street in the city’s Germantown section.
According to a spokesperson with the Philadelphia Gas Works, a private contractor was working outside when he struck a four-inch gas main line along Emlen Street.
The PGW official said the gas leak was contained to the outside where the main was struck. Shortly before 11 a.m., PGW crews stopped the gas leak and the situation was declared under control.
As a precaution, one corner home was evacuated.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Temple: Investigation Into Alleged Sexual Misconduct, Underage Drinking At Frat
- Defense Says Schedules Show Cosby Wasn’t Around For Assault
- Students In Haverford Rally For Gun Reform Before Class
- Producer And DJ Known As Avicii Has Been Found Dead
- Wells Fargo Fined $1 Billion For Insurance, Mortgage Abuses