PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The striking of a gas main forced the evacuation of at least one home in Philadelphia Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 10 a.m. in the 200 block of West Hortter Street near Emlen Street in the city’s Germantown section.
According to a spokesperson with the Philadelphia Gas Works, a private contractor was working outside when he struck a four-inch gas main line along Emlen Street.
The PGW official said the gas leak was contained to the outside where the main was struck. Shortly before 11 a.m., PGW crews stopped the gas leak and the situation was declared under control.
As a precaution, one corner home was evacuated.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: 2 Men Shot While Sleeping In East Mount Airy
- At Least 29 Medical Workers Quit Following Del. Prison Uprising
- Eat More Fruit And Veg for A Longer Life, Researchers Say
- Birthday Extravaganza: Philly Zoo’s Gorilla Baby ‘Amani’ Turns 6 Months Old
- Tractor Trailer Accident Slows Morning Commute In Cinnaminson