PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The striking of a gas main forced the evacuation of at least one home in Philadelphia Tuesday morning.
The incident happened shortly before 10 a.m. in the 200 block of West Hortter Street near Emlen Street in the city’s Germantown section.
According to a spokesperson with the Philadelphia Gas Works, a private contractor was working outside when he struck a four-inch gas main line along Emlen Street.
The PGW official said the gas leak was contained to the outside where the main was struck. Shortly before 11 a.m., PGW crews stopped the gas leak and the situation was declared under control.
As a precaution, one corner home was evacuated.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The incident remains under investigation.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- VIDEO: Suspect Robs 7-Eleven After Being Denied Access To Restroom, Police Say
- WEATHER: Winter Unleashed With Arctic Blast
- More Beer Gardens Could Be Popping Up Across Philadelphia This Summer
- More Police Departments Across Pa. Keen To Acquire New License Plate Reader Technology
- “Free At Last!” Storm-Battered Cruise Ship Returns To NJ