Police Make Arrest In Camden County Hit And Run
LINDENWOLD, N.J. (CBS) — The Camden County Prosecutor and Lindenwold Police announced an arrest in a hit and run that took place over the weekend in Lindenwold. (See Previous Story)
Fifty-eight-year-old Edward Russell was arrested around 1 a.m. Monday morning and charged with knowingly leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident with serious bodily injury.
Russell was charged after police received an anonymous tip identifying him as the hit-and-run driver.
He is accused of striking a 57-year-old man with his Ford F150 pickup truck around 10:30 p.m. Saturday on the 100 block of the S. White Horse Pike.
Russell allegedly slowed down briefly then continued driving west on the White Horse Pike.
The victim is being treated at Cooper Hospital and is listed in stable condition.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philadelphia Police Takedown of Store Robber Goes Viral, Generating Positive Community Response
- Water Ice Oasis: Philadelphia-based Rita’s Expanding To The Middle East
- Two N.J. Congressmen Renew Push for Legalized Sports Betting in Garden State
- A Philadelphia Charter School Helping Its Students Navigate High School Choices
- Study: Does Your Zip Code Affect How Much You Pay For Car Insurance?