Investigation Continues One Year After Woman Is Found Dead In Blackwood, NJ.
By Kim Glovas
CHERRY HILL, N.J. (CBS) — A memorial ceremony and balloon release was held Monday afternoon in Cherry Hill, New Jersey to mark the one year anniversary of the death of Carol Reiff.
Reiff’s body was found near her Lakeview Apartment complex in Blackwood on June 24 of last year (read related story). This year, family and friends gathered to remember and bring renewed focus to the investigation.
“There’s progress being made,” said Jason Laughlin with Camden County Prosecutor’s office. “I can’t really talk about it right now. It’s an investigation that’s ongoing. It’s not a cold case, there are still things being done, people being talked to. Our investigators feel very strongly that there are people out there that could contact us and could bring this to a resolution.”
Reiff disappeared after telling her daughter she was on her way to the shore. Her body was found several days later.
“Right away this was looked at as a homicide investigation, even if it wasn’t ruled a homicide,” Laughlin said. “There’s still $20,000 reward out there for information that leads to an arrest and conviction. And our detectives are very confident that there are people out there that could close this case.”
Anyone with information about the case is urged to contact the Citizens Crime Commission tipline at 215-546-TIPS. More information is also on the Facebook page “In Memory of Carol Reiff.”
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: 2-Year-Old In Critical Condition After Accidentally Shooting Himself Inside Delaware Home
- Pa. State Trooper Dies After Accidental Shooting At Montgomery County Gun Range
- Man Struck, Killed By Train In Crescentville
- NFL Spokesperson Admits Player Should Not Have Been Penalized For Religious Gesture
- Brotherly Love: Non-Profit Helps Medical Student Paralyzed In Accident