I-Team Exclusive: House Once Occupied By Abortion Doctor Kermit Gosnell Causing Problems For Neighbors
By Walt Hunter
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The house, once occupied by convicted killer and abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell, is causing big problems for his Mantua neighbors.
Philadelphia Licenses and Inspections officials confirm the home in the 600 block of N. 32nd Street has been cited for violations, including a partially collapsed wall.
But neighbors say the house remains unsealed as it is being looted by vandals, who have even stolen the front door. A CBS 3 I-Team Investigation found the house torn apart by intruders, bags of garbage filling the side and back yards.
Today, a contractor, hired by the owner of the home next door, tried to partially seal the house.
Neighbors fear if vandals start a fire it could easily spread to other rowhomes on the block.
When contacted by CBS 3, L and I officials confirmed the home was still owned by Gosnell, and they had sent violation notices to him in prison.
They also promised they would, within the next week, clean up and seal the property.
Gosnell was convicted for the murder of three newborn babies in May, 2013 at his abortion clinic and sentenced to life without parole.
His attorney did not return a call requesting comment.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Vigil Held For Boy Who Died Following Hit And Run In Kensington
- Family Wins Back Seized Gold Coins That Could Be Worth $80M
- All Seniors At A Camden, NJ High School Attending College Next Year And Some Are Getting Paid For It
- Many Wondering Why Police Haven’t Arrested Driver In Deadly Hit And Run In SW Philly
- Body Reportedly Found In Delaware County