By Geoff Banson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Other than some leftover clouds this morning, conditions are mostly quiet throughout the Delaware Valley.
We expect to see some sunshine by the afternoon hours, and we expect it to stay with us right on through the weekend! A popup shower can’t be ruled out later this afternoon, as there is still some upper-level instability in the atmosphere. Highs will be in the low 80s. Tonight will be partly cloudy and in the low 60s, comfortably cooler for a change, so you might be able to turn of that AC.
Saturday and Sunday will feature mostly sunny skies with a few clouds mixed in, and warm but pleasant temperatures in the mid 80s. Looking ahead to next week, the heat returns as temperatures will soar into the 90s. We’ll also be tracking storms by midweek. Have a great weekend!
Today in Weather History
1994 – An intense F3 tornado touched down in Montgomery County, passing through a development called “The Hamlet” in Limerick, PA. It leveled 4 homes, damaged 16 others, and killed 3 people, all of the same family. Another F3 tornado moved NE from Avondale, destroying 6 homes in London Britain Township’s Hunter’s Run development.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Temple University Searches For People Involved In Writing Racial Slur And Symbol In Snow
- Crews Battle Three Alarm Fire In Cumberland County
- Hundreds Gather For Annual African American Children’s Book Fair In Center City
- Montco Officials Seek Man Who May Have Been Exposed To Rabies
- Chinese New Year Celebration Takes Over Reading Terminal Market