By Geoff Banson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Other than some leftover clouds this morning, conditions are mostly quiet throughout the Delaware Valley.
We expect to see some sunshine by the afternoon hours, and we expect it to stay with us right on through the weekend! A popup shower can’t be ruled out later this afternoon, as there is still some upper-level instability in the atmosphere. Highs will be in the low 80s. Tonight will be partly cloudy and in the low 60s, comfortably cooler for a change, so you might be able to turn of that AC.
Saturday and Sunday will feature mostly sunny skies with a few clouds mixed in, and warm but pleasant temperatures in the mid 80s. Looking ahead to next week, the heat returns as temperatures will soar into the 90s. We’ll also be tracking storms by midweek. Have a great weekend!
Today in Weather History
1994 – An intense F3 tornado touched down in Montgomery County, passing through a development called “The Hamlet” in Limerick, PA. It leveled 4 homes, damaged 16 others, and killed 3 people, all of the same family. Another F3 tornado moved NE from Avondale, destroying 6 homes in London Britain Township’s Hunter’s Run development.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Hairstylist Uses Pepper Spray On Unhappy Client, Police Say
- NJ University To Test Water After Finding Elevated Lead Levels
- Pa. Turnpike Cracking Down On Truck Companies Who Owe $1.5 Million In Tolls
- Women Now Drink Nearly As Much Alcohol As Men, Study Finds
- Philadelphia Councilman’s Staff Face Fines For Ethics Violations