Phillies Place Carlos Ruiz On Disabled List
PHILADELPHIA, PA(CBS) — Prior to tonight’s game, the Phillies have placed Carlos Ruiz on the seven day disabled list due to concussion-like symptoms. The team has called-up catcher Koyie Hill from triple-A Lehigh Valley to take Ruiz’s spot on the roster.
Ruiz was struck in the head by a pitch in the 11th inning of the Phillies’ 5-3 extra-inning win over the Marlins.
Hill comes up having batted .240 with three home runs and 17 RBI for the IronPigs this season. In a related move, the Phillies designated outfielder Zach Collier for assignment to make room for Hill on the 40-man roster.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Howard Scores Career-High 18, Penn Beats Dartmouth 58-51
- Carter-Williams Leads Sixers Past Timberwolves 103-94
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather
- 76ers Host Thad Young And The Timberwolves Tonight
- Philly Soccer Show: Union Rookie Wants To Play As Team Prepares For 2015 Campaign