PHILADELPHIA, PA(CBS) — Prior to tonight’s game, the Phillies have placed Carlos Ruiz on the seven day disabled list due to concussion-like symptoms. The team has called-up catcher Koyie Hill from triple-A Lehigh Valley to take Ruiz’s spot on the roster.
Ruiz was struck in the head by a pitch in the 11th inning of the Phillies’ 5-3 extra-inning win over the Marlins.
Hill comes up having batted .240 with three home runs and 17 RBI for the IronPigs this season. In a related move, the Phillies designated outfielder Zach Collier for assignment to make room for Hill on the 40-man roster.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Phillies Look To Get Back On Track Behind Nola
- This Week In Golf: Spieth Puts It Together To Win Dean & DeLuca Invitational
- When Top Prospects Get The Call, What Should Fantasy Baseball Owners Do?
- Colangelo On Number 1 Draft Pick: ‘I Know What I Would Do Today’
- Union Breakdown: Late Runs, Set Piece Marking, And Beating The Press