PHILADELPHIA, PA(CBS) — Prior to tonight’s game, the Phillies have placed Carlos Ruiz on the seven day disabled list due to concussion-like symptoms. The team has called-up catcher Koyie Hill from triple-A Lehigh Valley to take Ruiz’s spot on the roster.
Ruiz was struck in the head by a pitch in the 11th inning of the Phillies’ 5-3 extra-inning win over the Marlins.
Hill comes up having batted .240 with three home runs and 17 RBI for the IronPigs this season. In a related move, the Phillies designated outfielder Zach Collier for assignment to make room for Hill on the 40-man roster.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- NFL Hopes To Leave Legacy Even After Draft Leaves Philadelphia
- SEPTA Outlines Mass Transit Game Plan Ahead Of NFL Draft
- Pro Golfer Tweets That United Airlines Broke His Golf Clubs
- Tevin Farmer Is Primed For A Big Year Beginning Saturday Night At The Liacouras Center
- Corey Davis: ‘I Like The Vibe Philly Has Going On’