By Jan Carabeo
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A Philly cop on regular patrol, who stepped in to help diffuse a fight between a man and a woman, ends up cut and here at Jefferson Hospital.
Fortunately, this officer was not seriously wounded, but it’s an outcome that certainly could have been much worse.
Tempers flared Friday night along the 700 block of Lombard Street in Philadelphia.
A police officer routinely driving along noticed a fight between a man and his girlfriend.
That girlfriend, police say, is wielding a knife.
As the officer gets out of his cruiser and attempts to intervene, there’s a struggle and police say the woman cuts the officer.
Lt. Michael Goodson of Philadelphia Police says, “Anytime we respond to an incident, a domestic incident or just on patrol, you just never know what’s going to happen.”
The officer injured was still able to apprehend both the man and the woman.
“Police officers are trained to respond to whatever situation they may have coming toward them. In this instance, the officer did an outstanding job and resulted in the arrest of two individuals.”
The officer was taken to the hospital with only superficial wounds, sliced once in the arm.
He’ll be okay, police say, thanks to his training and a little but of luck.
Police have not yet identified the two involved in this domestic dispute or their charges.
The investigation continues tonight.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Bucks County Marine Recruit Gets Surprise Sendoff From Alma Mater
- Horse Trailer And Tractor-Trailer Accident Shuts Down Portion Of Route 72 In Delaware
- Apple Plans To Build Another Campus, Hire 20,000 In $350 Billion Pledge
- Former ‘Jersey Shore’ Star To Plead Guilty To Tax-Related Charges
- Philly Chef Sentenced To 20 Years In Prison On Child Porn Charges