By Kim Glovas
GLOUCESTER CITY, NJ (CBS) – The treasurer of the Highland High School Wrestling Booster Club has been arrested and charged with theft.
According to police, Sherry Warren, 44, surrendered to authorities after a month-long investigation revealed she was using money from the club for personal expenses totaling $4,600.
Police say between the December 2013 and March 2014, Sherry Warren, the club’s treasurer, allegedly used the account to pay for personal bills, hotels, car repairs, cash, food and online purchases.
Members of the booster club reported the missing money to the Gloucester Township Police Department after several checks had been returned to the club for insufficient funds.
Warren was released after posting $20,000 bail.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Bride Trapped In Elevator For 45 Minutes, Misses Cocktail Hour
- People Are Calling For This Florida Shooting Victim To Be Buried With Military Honors
- Investigation Continues Into Disappearance Of Local Couple Who Went Missing 13 Years Ago
- Researchers: Blood And Urine Test For Autism Could Enable Earlier Diagnosis
- Select AMC Movie Theaters Showing ‘Get Out’ For Free On Presidents’ Day