Highland High School Wrestling Booster Club Treasurer Charged With Theft
By Kim Glovas
GLOUCESTER CITY, NJ (CBS) – The treasurer of the Highland High School Wrestling Booster Club has been arrested and charged with theft.
According to police, Sherry Warren, 44, surrendered to authorities after a month-long investigation revealed she was using money from the club for personal expenses totaling $4,600.
Police say between the December 2013 and March 2014, Sherry Warren, the club’s treasurer, allegedly used the account to pay for personal bills, hotels, car repairs, cash, food and online purchases.
Members of the booster club reported the missing money to the Gloucester Township Police Department after several checks had been returned to the club for insufficient funds.
Warren was released after posting $20,000 bail.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Bobcat That Escaped From New Jersey Home Captured–Again
- Police Arrest Man Accused Of Squeezing Woman’s Toes In South Jersey Parking Lot
- Survey: More Than One Quarter Of Millennials Have Quit A Job Due To An Uncivil Workplace
- Study: As College Progresses, Students More Likely To Have Sex & Less Likely To Use Condoms When Hooking Up
- Del. Woman Reportedly Looking For Prescription Drugs Gets Screened For Ebola After Calling 911 Four Times In One Day