Highland High School Wrestling Booster Club Treasurer Charged With Theft
By Kim Glovas
GLOUCESTER CITY, NJ (CBS) – The treasurer of the Highland High School Wrestling Booster Club has been arrested and charged with theft.
According to police, Sherry Warren, 44, surrendered to authorities after a month-long investigation revealed she was using money from the club for personal expenses totaling $4,600.
Police say between the December 2013 and March 2014, Sherry Warren, the club’s treasurer, allegedly used the account to pay for personal bills, hotels, car repairs, cash, food and online purchases.
Members of the booster club reported the missing money to the Gloucester Township Police Department after several checks had been returned to the club for insufficient funds.
Warren was released after posting $20,000 bail.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Study: About 21 Percent Of High School Girls Have Been Assaulted By Someone They Dated
- Study: Suicide Rates Among Middle-Aged Adults Have Sharply Increased
- Facebook Introduces New Feature To Help Prevent Suicide
- Internet Activists Use Grumpy Cat In Aerial Jab At Comcast
- Pa. Among Top 10 States With The Worst Taxes For The Average American