Highland High School Wrestling Booster Club Treasurer Charged With Theft
By Kim Glovas
GLOUCESTER CITY, NJ (CBS) – The treasurer of the Highland High School Wrestling Booster Club has been arrested and charged with theft.
According to police, Sherry Warren, 44, surrendered to authorities after a month-long investigation revealed she was using money from the club for personal expenses totaling $4,600.
Police say between the December 2013 and March 2014, Sherry Warren, the club’s treasurer, allegedly used the account to pay for personal bills, hotels, car repairs, cash, food and online purchases.
Members of the booster club reported the missing money to the Gloucester Township Police Department after several checks had been returned to the club for insufficient funds.
Warren was released after posting $20,000 bail.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Police: Juveniles Break Into Montgomery Co. Home, Bake Some Pot Brownies
- 5-Year-Old Boy From Pa. Creates And Designs His Own App
- And The 2014 Unhealthiest Restaurant Items In America Are…
- Kevin Sabett: ‘It’s Ironic That We’re Pushing Against Smoking So Hard, Yet We’re Ready To Give Marijuana A Free Pass’
- Study: Even Short, Slow Runs Could Help You Live Longer