By Kim Glovas
GLOUCESTER CITY, NJ (CBS) – The treasurer of the Highland High School Wrestling Booster Club has been arrested and charged with theft.
According to police, Sherry Warren, 44, surrendered to authorities after a month-long investigation revealed she was using money from the club for personal expenses totaling $4,600.
Police say between the December 2013 and March 2014, Sherry Warren, the club’s treasurer, allegedly used the account to pay for personal bills, hotels, car repairs, cash, food and online purchases.
Members of the booster club reported the missing money to the Gloucester Township Police Department after several checks had been returned to the club for insufficient funds.
Warren was released after posting $20,000 bail.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- White Nationalist Spencer Drowned Out By Protesters
- Good Housekeeping’s Top Toys Get Stamp Of Approval From Kids
- Delaware Proposes 3 Sites For New Amazon Headquarters
- Police: Dog Brought Into Vet To Be Euthanized Found Alive 5 Months Later
- Delaware Valley To Get Great View Of Orionid Meteor Shower This Weekend