Highland High School Wrestling Booster Club Treasurer Charged With Theft
By Kim Glovas
GLOUCESTER CITY, NJ (CBS) – The treasurer of the Highland High School Wrestling Booster Club has been arrested and charged with theft.
According to police, Sherry Warren, 44, surrendered to authorities after a month-long investigation revealed she was using money from the club for personal expenses totaling $4,600.
Police say between the December 2013 and March 2014, Sherry Warren, the club’s treasurer, allegedly used the account to pay for personal bills, hotels, car repairs, cash, food and online purchases.
Members of the booster club reported the missing money to the Gloucester Township Police Department after several checks had been returned to the club for insufficient funds.
Warren was released after posting $20,000 bail.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Bank Of America Agrees To Nearly $17B Settlement
- Ice Bucket Challenge Donations Reach $22.9 Million To ALS Association
- Mo’ne Davis’ Mom: ‘I Never Thought This Whole Thing Would Blow Up Like This’
- Wilmington Man Charged With 4th DUI After Crash That Injured 3
- Del. Police Nab Suspect With 130 Bags Of Heroin Allegedly Stuffed In His Pants