By Kim Glovas
GLOUCESTER CITY, NJ (CBS) – The treasurer of the Highland High School Wrestling Booster Club has been arrested and charged with theft.
According to police, Sherry Warren, 44, surrendered to authorities after a month-long investigation revealed she was using money from the club for personal expenses totaling $4,600.
Police say between the December 2013 and March 2014, Sherry Warren, the club’s treasurer, allegedly used the account to pay for personal bills, hotels, car repairs, cash, food and online purchases.
Members of the booster club reported the missing money to the Gloucester Township Police Department after several checks had been returned to the club for insufficient funds.
Warren was released after posting $20,000 bail.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- Police: Man Purposely Drives Into Ada County Courthouse Fountain Hoping To Get Arrested
- Christie Orders Additional Security At New Jersey’s Mass Transit Hubs Following NYC Explosion
- Frat Chapter Property Closing After Reported Violations
- Rutgers Professor Accused Of Anti-Semitism Removed From Role
- Athletes, Entertainers Rush To Support Bullied Tennessee Boy