Chase Utley Walks Them Off As Phillies Beat Marlins In 14
Phillies CentralShop for Phillies Gear
Buy Phillies Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Chase Utley hit a two-run home run in the 14th inning, lifting the Philadelphia Phillies to a 5-3 victory over the Miami Marlins on Thursday night.
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, Giancarlo Stanton and Marcell Ozuna homered for Miami. The Marlins managed just two hits from the ninth inning on, however.
After the Phillies squandered chances to score in the 10th, 11th and 12th innings, Jimmy Rollins led off the 14th with an infield single. Utley followed by driving an 0-2 pitch from Chris Hatcher (0-1) deep into the seats in right field.
Utley was mobbed at home plate by his smiling teammates and met with a pie in the face while giving a TV interview afterward. The game lasted 4 hours, 41 minutes and the teams combined to use 13 pitchers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Jacksonville Jaguars Place All Of Their Eggs In Basket Of Blake Bortles
- Collaboration Between Montco School District And PSU Will Result In Fields For Student Athletes And Community
- 2 Local Youth Tennis Players Will Be Rubbing Elbows With The Pros At The US Open
- Phillies Win Series Opener Against Cardinals 5-4
- Shaquille O’Neal Calls Dr. J The Greatest Player Ever