PHILADELPHIA, PA (CBS) — The Sixers kicked off the second round of the draft by selecting K.J. McDaniels from Clemson. McDaniels was the ACC Defensive Player of the Year. He led the ACC in blocked shots and also led his team in scoring with 17.1 points per game.
McDaniels is seen as a defensive specialists and should plug in immediately as a contributor for the Sixers in 2014-2015.
The Sixers followed up the selection with small forward Jerami Grant from Syracuse. Grant adds more athleticism to the Sixers front court and is a slasher and finisher. His father Harvey Grant and his uncle, Horace Grant both played in the NBA.
With the pick at 47, the Sixers selected point guard Russ Smith from Louisville. Smith rights will reportedly be dealt in a deal that will send point guard Pierre Jackson to the Sixers from the New Orleans Pelicans.
At 51 the Sixers selected Vasilije Micić, a 6’5 point guard from Serbia.
With the 54th pick the Sixers selected Nemanja Dangubic of Serbia as well. Dangubic is 6’8 and was the MVP of the Adidas Euro Camp. Dangubic and Micić continue the Sixers run of players to stash away based on potential.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- ‘Space Jam 2’ With LeBron James Reportedly Finds Its Director
- J.J. Watt Partied In Manayunk This Weekend
- 94WIP 2016 Philly Sports Roast Of Angelo Cataldi And Howard Eskin
- Are Players Worth Keeping In Fantasy Baseball During A PED Suspension?
- Wendell Smallwood On Embarrassing Tweets: ‘I Was Just Young, Irresponsible’