PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — FIFA has officially charged Uruguay’s Luis Suarez with biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini during a World Cup match yesterday.
This means Uruguay’s best offensive player could be suspended. He’s apparently done it two others times.
FIFA officially announced an investigation early Wednesday.
Chiellini was allegedly bitten on his left shoulder and afterwards, Suarez grabbed his teeth and fell to the ground.
- Zobrist, Montero Homer, Lackey Sharp As Cubs Sweep Phillies
- Could Philadelphia Be The Next Hot Spot For International Soccer?
- Hendricks Pitches 5-hitter, Cubs Beat Phillies 4-1
- Police: Pelicans Guard Dejean-Jones Fatally Shot In Dallas
- LeBron James Headed To 6th Straight NBA Finals, Cavaliers Await Opponent