WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Authorities evacuated three administrative buildings at the Wilmington Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Delaware after a bomb threat on the grounds.
Wilmington Veterans Affairs police were notified of the threat just after 8 a.m. Monday. According to a statement, the threat stems from a shooting incident at the facility June 6.
Officials blocked off and evacuated three buildings. Delaware State Police brought bomb-sniffing dogs to search the area. FBI investigators also were called to the scene.
Officials say no patients have been affected by the search or evacuations.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- 9-Year-Old Asks For Stuffed Animal Donations Instead Of Birthday Presents
- A Woman Chases Down A Wallet Thief — And Then Buys Him Coffee
- KFC Apologizes For Chicken Shortage With A Hilarious Hidden Message
- HBO Biopic Starring Al Pacino As Penn State’s Joe Paterno Premieres April 7
- Fashion House Selling Luxury Plastic Bag For Hundreds Of Dollars