WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Authorities evacuated three administrative buildings at the Wilmington Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Delaware after a bomb threat on the grounds.
Wilmington Veterans Affairs police were notified of the threat just after 8 a.m. Monday. According to a statement, the threat stems from a shooting incident at the facility June 6.
Officials blocked off and evacuated three buildings. Delaware State Police brought bomb-sniffing dogs to search the area. FBI investigators also were called to the scene.
Officials say no patients have been affected by the search or evacuations.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- New Technology Helping Mothers Make Friends
- Eagles Offensive Lineman Responds To Fan’s Wedding Invitation
- More Big Brands Pull Ads From Youtube In Widening Boycott
- Germany’s Haribo To Produce Gummy Bears In USA
- Principal Forces Students To Run Outside In Cold Weather For Wearing Wrong Uniform, Report Says