HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Jerry Sandusky’s wife says Pennsylvania’s top prosecutor lacks the courage to admit the former Penn State assistant coach isn’t guilty of the child molestation charges that sent him to prison.
Dottie Sandusky issued a statement Monday after Attorney General Kathleen Kane released a report into how the case was handled by police and prosecutors and why it took nearly three years to file charges. (See Previous Story)
Dottie Sandusky says the charges were delayed because there was no legitimate evidence against him.
The report questions why their home wasn’t searched until 2011 even though authorities fielded a complaint against Sandusky in late 2008.
Dottie Sandusky says if they’d searched earlier they’d have found nothing. The report says the search produced victims’ photos and a highlighted list of participants from his children’s charity.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police Make Arrest Following ATM Robbery In Cherry Hill
- PA Target Hosting Sensory Friendly Shopping Hours For Those With Autism
- Hatchimals To Hit Target Stores This Weekend, According To Company Blog
- VP Joe Biden: ‘I Have No Intention Of Running’ In 2020
- Pit Bull Attack Leaves Boy Hospitalized In Wilmington