Researcher Says “Haters” Are Better At Focusing On Things They Really Like
By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — If you’re one of those people who just doesn’t love everything, that might not be a bad thing.
You’re a liker, or a hater. Haters just don’t enjoy everything they encounter, and while you might think that’s not a good thing it might not be according to Justin Hepler, assistant professor of psychology at The University of Reno-Nevada.
He says his research with the University of Pennsylvania shows haters focus on just a few things, because they just don’t like that much.
“You spend a lot of time doing a specific behavior, you get really good at it instead of darting form activity to activity. It might help with expertise.”
He says likers do everything, so they have less time for each thing they do.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philly Pops Play Free Concert To Celebrate July 4th In Old City
- Under New Policy, PPD Releases Names Of 2 Officers Involved In Shooting
- Pols: NJ Casino Expansion Vote Likely Not Happening In Fall
- Philadelphia’s Fourth Of July Celebration Underway
- Pioneers Of The LGBT Rights Movement Reflect On Their History