Researcher Says “Haters” Are Better At Focusing On Things They Really Like
By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — If you’re one of those people who just doesn’t love everything, that might not be a bad thing.
You’re a liker, or a hater. Haters just don’t enjoy everything they encounter, and while you might think that’s not a good thing it might not be according to Justin Hepler, assistant professor of psychology at The University of Reno-Nevada.
He says his research with the University of Pennsylvania shows haters focus on just a few things, because they just don’t like that much.
“You spend a lot of time doing a specific behavior, you get really good at it instead of darting form activity to activity. It might help with expertise.”
He says likers do everything, so they have less time for each thing they do.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: Man Sought In Connection With Kensington Hit-And-Run Turns Self In
- Police: 1 Dead, 1 Injured Following Grays Ferry Shooting
- Authorities: Montgomery County Attorney Accused Of Rape
- Overnight Lane Closures On Route 42 Northbound Scheduled This Week In South Jersey
- Mayor, Organizers Dispute Predictions About Number Of Bus Fleets Expected For Papal Visit