Researcher Says “Haters” Are Better At Focusing On Things They Really Like
By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — If you’re one of those people who just doesn’t love everything, that might not be a bad thing.
You’re a liker, or a hater. Haters just don’t enjoy everything they encounter, and while you might think that’s not a good thing it might not be according to Justin Hepler, assistant professor of psychology at The University of Reno-Nevada.
He says his research with the University of Pennsylvania shows haters focus on just a few things, because they just don’t like that much.
“You spend a lot of time doing a specific behavior, you get really good at it instead of darting form activity to activity. It might help with expertise.”
He says likers do everything, so they have less time for each thing they do.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- COPS: Husky Thief Stole 4 TVs, 3 Car Stereos From Pa. Wal-Mart
- Camden Man Convicted Of Aggravated Manslaughter Of Marine Veteran
- Gov. Christie On Bridgegate: ‘If They Want To Subpoena Me, That’s Fine’
- Travel To Cuba Getting Easier In Our Area After Airline Announces Start Of Flights To The Island
- Philadelphia Bar Association Working To Educate Voters On Nearly 5 Dozen Candidates For Judgeships