Researcher Says “Haters” Are Better At Focusing On Things They Really Like
By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – If you’re one of those people who just doesn’t love everything, that might not be a bad thing.
You’re a liker, or a hater. Haters just don’t enjoy everything they encounter, and while you might think that’s not a good thing it might not be according to Justin Hepler, assistant professor of psychology at The University of Reno-Nevada.
He says his research with the University of Pennsylvania shows haters focus on just a few things, because they just don’t like that much.
“You spend a lot of time doing a specific behavior, you get really good at it instead of darting form activity to activity. It might help with expertise.”
He says likers do everything, so they have less time for each thing they do.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Motorists Can Be Thankful For Lower Gas Prices This Holiday Season
- Military Vets Treated To Thanksgiving Dinner Aboard Battleship New Jersey
- Philadelphia Families Asked To Host Visitors For Pope’s Trip
- Volunteers In Philadelphia Region Give Thanks By Giving Back
- Thousands Line Parkway For Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade