Researcher Says “Haters” Are Better At Focusing On Things They Really Like
By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – If you’re one of those people who just doesn’t love everything, that might not be a bad thing.
You’re a liker, or a hater. Haters just don’t enjoy everything they encounter, and while you might think that’s not a good thing it might not be according to Justin Hepler, assistant professor of psychology at The University of Reno-Nevada.
He says his research with the University of Pennsylvania shows haters focus on just a few things, because they just don’t like that much.
“You spend a lot of time doing a specific behavior, you get really good at it instead of darting form activity to activity. It might help with expertise.”
He says likers do everything, so they have less time for each thing they do.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philadelphia Police Takedown of Store Robber Goes Viral, Generating Positive Community Response
- Water Ice Oasis: Philadelphia-based Rita’s Expanding To The Middle East
- Two N.J. Congressmen Renew Push for Legalized Sports Betting in Garden State
- A Philadelphia Charter School Helping Its Students Navigate High School Choices
- Study: Does Your Zip Code Affect How Much You Pay For Car Insurance?