By Lynne Adkins
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — If you’re one of those people who just doesn’t love everything, that might not be a bad thing.
You’re a liker, or a hater. Haters just don’t enjoy everything they encounter, and while you might think that’s not a good thing it might not be according to Justin Hepler, assistant professor of psychology at The University of Reno-Nevada.
He says his research with the University of Pennsylvania shows haters focus on just a few things, because they just don’t like that much.
“You spend a lot of time doing a specific behavior, you get really good at it instead of darting form activity to activity. It might help with expertise.”
He says likers do everything, so they have less time for each thing they do.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Man Killed In Hit-And-Run On Schuylkill Expressway
- Elderly Couple Killed After Fire Rips Through Elkins Park Home
- Vigil Is Held In Frankford After Couple Is Fatally Shot
- PA Senate To Return This Week After House Strikes Out In Budget Effort
- Major Set Back For Project HOME Has LGBTQ Housing Project On The Ropes