Man Shot After Finishing Shift At Northeast Philly Bar
By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A man was hospitalized after being shot while leaving work at a bar in Northeast Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The shooting happened at about 2:45 a.m. outside the Rendezvous Restaurant Sports Bar on Rising Sun Avenue near Levick Street.
According to investigators, the 20-year-old employee was leaving work when a gunman opened fire, striking the victim once in the thigh.
The victim was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center where he is listed in stable condition. The male is expected to fully recover.
Investigators believe the victim was an innocent bystander and was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
So far, no arrests have been made.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- GoFundMe Site Set Up For Acclaimed Philly Chef Injured In Amtrak Derailment
- Study: Ongoing Symptoms Of Depression And A Person’s Risk Of Stroke Are Linked
- AAA: More Travelers Driving This Memorial Day Weekend, Likely Due To Low Gas Prices
- Study Claims Coffee Could Improve A Man’s Sex Life
- Bon Jovi Breaks Out Guitar At Rutgers University-Camden Commencement