By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A man was hospitalized after being shot while leaving work at a bar in Northeast Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The shooting happened at about 2:45 a.m. outside the Rendezvous Restaurant Sports Bar on Rising Sun Avenue near Levick Street.
According to investigators, the 20-year-old employee was leaving work when a gunman opened fire, striking the victim once in the thigh.
The victim was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center where he is listed in stable condition. The male is expected to fully recover.
Investigators believe the victim was an innocent bystander and was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
So far, no arrests have been made.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Police: UPS Driver Helps Free Woman Held Captive After Seeing ‘Call 911’ Written On Package
- Fake Fisher-Price ‘Happy Hour Playset’ Meme Takes Over Internet
- Man Gets Prison For Ohio Theft Ring Of Hair Growth Products
- Study Finds Millennials Less Likely To Out-Earn Parents
- Suspects Named Robin Williams, Tupac Arrested In Arizona