By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A man was hospitalized after being shot while leaving work at a bar in Northeast Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The shooting happened at about 2:45 a.m. outside the Rendezvous Restaurant Sports Bar on Rising Sun Avenue near Levick Street.
According to investigators, the 20-year-old employee was leaving work when a gunman opened fire, striking the victim once in the thigh.
The victim was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center where he is listed in stable condition. The male is expected to fully recover.
Investigators believe the victim was an innocent bystander and was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
So far, no arrests have been made.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Tired Sea Lion Decides To Use Car Roof As Bed
- Study: Children With Autism Could Benefit From Fecal Transplants
- Student Faces Up To 30 Days In Jail For Allegedly Throwing Paper Airplane That Hit Teacher In Eye
- Chelsea Clinton: Barron Trump Deserves A Chance To ‘Be A Kid’
- Mars Investigating Skittles Said To Be Intended for Cattle