By Steve Beck
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A man was hospitalized after being shot while leaving work at a bar in Northeast Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The shooting happened at about 2:45 a.m. outside the Rendezvous Restaurant Sports Bar on Rising Sun Avenue near Levick Street.
According to investigators, the 20-year-old employee was leaving work when a gunman opened fire, striking the victim once in the thigh.
The victim was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center where he is listed in stable condition. The male is expected to fully recover.
Investigators believe the victim was an innocent bystander and was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
So far, no arrests have been made.
The shooting remains under investigation.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- These States Have Introduced Bills To Protect Drivers Who Run Over Protesters
- Steve Bannon Returns To Breitbart After Ouster From White House
- Powerball Jackpot Soars To $535 Million
- Too Much Standing Linked To Heart Disease, Study Says
- Man Tries To Kill Lice By Lighting Rental Home On Fire, Arrested For Arson