Ready Or Not, The Heat Is On!
By Kate Bilo and Kathy Orr
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Tuesday we will try to hit 90 for the first time this year, and while it’s the latest first 90 degree day in a decade, it’s far from the latest ever – that date being July 14, 1972. Crazy that we made it all the way to mid-July that year without a 90 degree temperature!
Temperatures will be right on the border with 90. I think we’ll hit it, but even if we fall a degree short, we’ll get there Wednesday as the heat and humidity ramps up even more – Wednesday’s forecasted high is 93, just three degrees short of the record which is 96 from 1957. This final week of spring will turn a bit stormy starting Wednesday, as showers and thunderstorms fire up in the afternoon – we’ll see them again on Thursday and then dry out and cool off a bit on Friday with sunshine returning.
We’ve had a string of gorgeous weekends but the early call on this coming weekend may not be so optimistic – as of now, it looks like we’ll have the chance of showers and storms both Saturday and Sunday.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Philadelphia Daily Newspapers Agree To Contract Extension, But Strike Could Still Be Coming
- African American Civil War Veterans Honored At Dedication Ceremony In Camden
- Rebuilding Begins After Fire Damages Surf Shop In Ocean City
- Fire At Refinery In South Philadelphia Placed Under Control
- Officials: Broken Rail Disrupts Train Service On The Main Line During Morning Rush Hour