The Heat Is On!
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Only a few more days until the Summer Solstice, and the weather this week is sure going to make it feel that way.
Monday June 16th will feature mostly sunny skies, with highs warming into the upper 80s. It’s going to be a great day if you have the day off, perfect for the beach, the pool, really anything outside!
Other than a brief shower tomorrow we expect to record our first 90º day of year, so expect it to feel downright steamy. This hot trend will continue right into Wednesday. Keep an eye to the sky in the afternoon; we are expecting some pop up thunderstorms.
A slight cool off on Thursday as our next front approaches and passed. Scattered thunderstorms are a good bet through Thursday night, clearing out on Friday.
Sunny and Warm, 80º, UV Index 9-10
Today in Weather History:
1806 – A total eclipse of the sun was viewed from southern California to Massachusetts.
1944 – A tornado in Sioux City, IA, traveled an odd course. It spun in one place for about twenty minutes, made a U-turn, traveled southeast for about three miles, then traveled south, east, north, and finally east again.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Gov.-elect Tom Wolf Visits Philadelphia To Address Pa. Budget
- Investigation Into The Motive Behind Montgomery County Shooting Spree Continues
- Person Fatally Struck By Freight Train In Darby
- Cause Of Death Of Man Who Killed 6 In Montgomery County Not Yet Known
- Comcast Admits Billing Errors, Says Affected Customers Being Credited