Police: Guest Shot While Attending Pa. Surprise Birthday Party
MONTOURSVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a man was shot in the head at a surprise birthday party in central Pennsylvania over the weekend.
State police in Lycoming County said 24-year-old Cody Gorsline of Williamsport was flown to Geisinger Medical Center in critical condition after the 2 a.m. Sunday shooting.
Police said he was one of about a dozen people at a birthday party for the resident of the Montoursville home, who had turned 24.
Trooper T.R. Havens said the resident took Gorsline upstairs to show him a handgun, but as he was handing the weapon to the victim, it went off.
Havens said the bullet hit Gorsline in the side of the head. He said both men had consumed alcohol during the party.
Police are investigating and no charges were immediately filed.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- 3 Injured In Partial Roof Collapse At Lululemon In Center City
- Children Make Most Of Day Off After Snow Closes Schools
- SEPTA Urges Regional Rail Riders To Prepare For Delays, Crowds On Evening Trains
- Footprints In Snow Lead To Arrest Of Couple In Drexel Hill Burglaries
- City Councilman Jim Kenney To Resign From Office, Run For Mayor