MONTOURSVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a man was shot in the head at a surprise birthday party in central Pennsylvania over the weekend.
State police in Lycoming County said 24-year-old Cody Gorsline of Williamsport was flown to Geisinger Medical Center in critical condition after the 2 a.m. Sunday shooting.
Police said he was one of about a dozen people at a birthday party for the resident of the Montoursville home, who had turned 24.
Trooper T.R. Havens said the resident took Gorsline upstairs to show him a handgun, but as he was handing the weapon to the victim, it went off.
Havens said the bullet hit Gorsline in the side of the head. He said both men had consumed alcohol during the party.
Police are investigating and no charges were immediately filed.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Folcroft Police Officer Recovers In Hospital Among Supporters
- Pentagon Set To Lift Transgender Ban
- Texas Mother Fatally Shoots 2 Daughters; Police Kill Her
- Candle Light Vigil To Take Place For Folcroft Officer Shot In Line Of Duty
- Kanye West Premieres ‘Famous’ Music Video With Naked Celebrity Look-Alikes