Police: Guest Shot While Attending Pa. Surprise Birthday Party
MONTOURSVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Authorities say a man was shot in the head at a surprise birthday party in central Pennsylvania over the weekend.
State police in Lycoming County said 24-year-old Cody Gorsline of Williamsport was flown to Geisinger Medical Center in critical condition after the 2 a.m. Sunday shooting.
Police said he was one of about a dozen people at a birthday party for the resident of the Montoursville home, who had turned 24.
Trooper T.R. Havens said the resident took Gorsline upstairs to show him a handgun, but as he was handing the weapon to the victim, it went off.
Havens said the bullet hit Gorsline in the side of the head. He said both men had consumed alcohol during the party.
Police are investigating and no charges were immediately filed.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Body Cavity Search Of Gloucester Township Man Yields ‘Significant Amount’ Of Heroin
- Archbishop Chaput Pens Pastoral Letter To Teachers, Administrators In Archdiocese Of Philadelphia
- Heat Map Shows Which Philadelphia Area Neighborhoods Are Best For Trick-or-Treating
- Philly Non-Profit Honors Companies That Hire Individuals With Challenges
- Accused Trooper Killer Frein Appears In Court; Charged With First Degree Murder