MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. (CBS) – The Burlington County Prosecutor and Pemberton Township Police have announced that a 44-year-old man has been charged with killing his mother in their home in the Browns Mills section of Pemberton Township Sunday night.
Police say they went to the home, located at 114 Washington Boulevard, after receiving a call at 5:40 p.m. Sunday from Herbert Rowlette indicating a homicide had occurred.
According to a police investigation, Herbert Rowlette killed 71-year-old Maryanne Rowlette.
Authorities found Maryanne on the living room floor inside of the home. An autopsy will be performed today to determine her cause of death. A motive is unclear at this time.
Rowlette was charged on Monday with a single count of murder.
He is lodged in Burlington County Jail on $500,000 bail. He will have a first appearance in Superior Court this afternoon. The case will then be referred to a Grand Jury for indictment.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- 99-Year-Old Eagles Fan To Be At NFC Championship Game
- Twitter To Tell 677,775 People They Interacted With Kremlin-Linked Trolls
- PECO Won’t Run Eagles Crown Light Messages Hoping Not To ‘Jinx’ Team
- Family: Tom Petty Died Of An Accidental Overdose
- Officials: Sex Traffickers To Prey On Philadelphia During NFC Championship Weekend