By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – It’s an event that pop culture fans look forward to every year — Wizard World’s Philadelphia Comic-Con kicks off this Thursday.
One of the biggest draws of the event is fans can get to get up-close and personal with their favorite celebrities.
Actors Jon Berthal, Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker from the hit TV show, ‘The Walking Dead,’ will pose for pictures, sign autographs and may even give you some advice on how to survive a zombie apocalypse.
Rooker says he loves meeting his fans:
“It’s really a pleasure. I mean to get to meet the fans from different cities and different regions of this country and even other countries. it’s just amazing.”
Rooker played Merle Dixon on the show and says the fans clearly appreciate his work:
“I get little Merle, tiny little kids dressed up as Merle. I get older adults dressed up as Merle.”
Cost for general admission varies depending on which of the four days you go. It costs extra for autographs and photos.
Prices differ depending on the celebrity. Lou Ferrigno is $45. Whoopi Goldberg is charging $95. For a picture with “Back to the Future” star Christopher Lloyd, that’s $65 and with the Delorean Time Machine: $100.
The Dukes of Hazard’s General Lee Charger will be there too, along with WWE star John Cena.
The event runs through Sunday at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
- Pair Of Ursinus Students Have Summer Job That Is Out Of This World
- South Jersey’s Own Kelsi Worrell Qualifies To Swim At The Rio Olympics
- A Shampoo Bottle That’s Good To The Last Drop
- Ikea To Recall Dressers After Death Of Third Child
- Thousands Of Philadelphia Homeowners Could Get Higher Tax Bill
- Nonprofit Set To Reveal Strategic Plan For North Broad Street
- Police Cars Parked Along Admiral Wilson Boulevard In Effort To Prevent Crime
- Drug Used To Treat Bone Loss Offers Hope For Women At High Risk For Breast Cancer
- Philly’s Welcome America Festival Returns With Variety Of Family Events
- Philly Wins “Every Place Counts” National Design Award