By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – It’s an event that pop culture fans look forward to every year — Wizard World’s Philadelphia Comic-Con kicks off this Thursday.
One of the biggest draws of the event is fans can get to get up-close and personal with their favorite celebrities.
Actors Jon Berthal, Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker from the hit TV show, ‘The Walking Dead,’ will pose for pictures, sign autographs and may even give you some advice on how to survive a zombie apocalypse.
Rooker says he loves meeting his fans:
“It’s really a pleasure. I mean to get to meet the fans from different cities and different regions of this country and even other countries. it’s just amazing.”
Rooker played Merle Dixon on the show and says the fans clearly appreciate his work:
“I get little Merle, tiny little kids dressed up as Merle. I get older adults dressed up as Merle.”
Cost for general admission varies depending on which of the four days you go. It costs extra for autographs and photos.
Prices differ depending on the celebrity. Lou Ferrigno is $45. Whoopi Goldberg is charging $95. For a picture with “Back to the Future” star Christopher Lloyd, that’s $65 and with the Delorean Time Machine: $100.
The Dukes of Hazard’s General Lee Charger will be there too, along with WWE star John Cena.
The event runs through Sunday at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
- New Castle County Police Investigating Double Homicide In Wilmington
- School Bus Driver Hudy Muldrow Sr. Charged In Crash That Killed Student, Teacher
- Lanes Reopen After Tractor-Trailer Overturns On I-95 In South Philly
- Tina Fey Makes Surprise Visit To Her Former High School In Upper Darby
- Man Crashes Into Storefront, Then Goes To Haircut Appointment Next Door
- Several Women Accuse Actor Morgan Freeman Of Harassment, Inappropriate Behavior
- Trump Cancels June 12 Summit With North Korea’s Kim Jong Un
- Monmouth Beach Approves Ban On Plastic Straws, Bags
- Wolf Says $180M Will Fill Potholes, Fix Other Winter Effects
- Man Shot During Attempted Robbery In Germantown