By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – It’s an event that pop culture fans look forward to every year — Wizard World’s Philadelphia Comic-Con kicks off this Thursday.
One of the biggest draws of the event is fans can get to get up-close and personal with their favorite celebrities.
Actors Jon Berthal, Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker from the hit TV show, ‘The Walking Dead,’ will pose for pictures, sign autographs and may even give you some advice on how to survive a zombie apocalypse.
Rooker says he loves meeting his fans:
“It’s really a pleasure. I mean to get to meet the fans from different cities and different regions of this country and even other countries. it’s just amazing.”
Rooker played Merle Dixon on the show and says the fans clearly appreciate his work:
“I get little Merle, tiny little kids dressed up as Merle. I get older adults dressed up as Merle.”
Cost for general admission varies depending on which of the four days you go. It costs extra for autographs and photos.
Prices differ depending on the celebrity. Lou Ferrigno is $45. Whoopi Goldberg is charging $95. For a picture with “Back to the Future” star Christopher Lloyd, that’s $65 and with the Delorean Time Machine: $100.
The Dukes of Hazard’s General Lee Charger will be there too, along with WWE star John Cena.
The event runs through Sunday at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
- Governor Wolf Signs Animal Cruelty Prevention Bill
- FOP Throws Support Behind Republican Beth Grossman For Philly DA
- Former Bucks County Football Coach Charged With Sexually Assaulting 3 Juveniles
- PD: DUI Driver Crashes U-Haul Truck Into Northern Liberties Building
- South Philly Residents Wake Up To Graffiti On Homes, Sidewalks
- Police Responding To Barricade Situation In Frankford
- 17th Century Cabin For Sale In South Jersey
- Police: Father Arrested After Beating Daughter Over Snapchat
- Number Of People Using Facebook Reaches 2 billion
- Time Magazine: Trump’s Phony Cover Hangs At 4 Of His Golf Courses