Dads In Philadelphia Share Words Of Wisdom
By Dan Wing
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Who is usually the first person we turn to for advice? That would be dad of course.
With that in mind, dads hanging out in Rittenhouse Square Saturday night told KYW Newsradio some words of wisdom they’ve been sharing.
Whether its something simple like how to fix a flat tire, or something a little more complex like where babies come from, dads are usually our go-to-guy for advice growing up. But if there was general life advice that dad wanted to make sure we learned, what would it be?
For 28-year-old Emir of Cherry Hill, New Jersey, he’d want his five-year old son and six-year-old daughter to just be good people:
“To love over everything. To love one another, to treat everyone as an equal, to have value, morals, and to just be all around decent individuals.”
39-year old Ramesh was visiting town from Virginia, and took his two young daughters to Rittenhouse Square to enjoy Saturday’s beautiful weather. His advice to his two girls:
“Well I always want them to try their hardest, and I always want them to know that they’re loved.”
He adds being a dad has taught him a little bit about himself:
“It has taught me that I have less patience than I thought I did.”
As for Emir, he hopes his children will one day enjoy the rewards being a parent has brought him. He says being a father has taught him a lot about respect, and…
“It brings out the kid in myself that I used to be years ago.”
Both Emir and Ramesh say that becoming a father was life-changing, and an experience that could only be truly understood by another dad.
- After A Summer Of Uncertainty, Philadelphia School Leaders Exhale Over Passage Of Cigarette Tax
- Vigil Held For 15-Year-Old Girl Killed In Olney Double Shooting
- Tour Bus Driver Charged In Deadly Delaware Crash
- Suspect Wanted In The Murder Of Delaware Valley Charter High School Student Turns Self In
- Local Coffee Shop Owner Using Twitter Founder’s New Business Venture To Help His Grow
- Brotherly Love: A Meal For Anyone Who Wants One
- Senate OKs Philadelphia Schools Cigarette Tax Measure
- Coastal Storm Brings Needed Rain
- Sprinkler Company Seeks To End Work At Trump Taj Mahal, Claims It’s Owed Money By Bankrupt Casino
- Delco Schoolteacher Charged With Sexual Contact With Former Student, 15