By Dan Wing
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Who is usually the first person we turn to for advice? That would be dad of course.
With that in mind, dads hanging out in Rittenhouse Square Saturday night told KYW Newsradio some words of wisdom they’ve been sharing.
Whether its something simple like how to fix a flat tire, or something a little more complex like where babies come from, dads are usually our go-to-guy for advice growing up. But if there was general life advice that dad wanted to make sure we learned, what would it be?
For 28-year-old Emir of Cherry Hill, New Jersey, he’d want his five-year old son and six-year-old daughter to just be good people:
“To love over everything. To love one another, to treat everyone as an equal, to have value, morals, and to just be all around decent individuals.”
39-year old Ramesh was visiting town from Virginia, and took his two young daughters to Rittenhouse Square to enjoy Saturday’s beautiful weather. His advice to his two girls:
“Well I always want them to try their hardest, and I always want them to know that they’re loved.”
He adds being a dad has taught him a little bit about himself:
“It has taught me that I have less patience than I thought I did.”
As for Emir, he hopes his children will one day enjoy the rewards being a parent has brought him. He says being a father has taught him a lot about respect, and…
“It brings out the kid in myself that I used to be years ago.”
Both Emir and Ramesh say that becoming a father was life-changing, and an experience that could only be truly understood by another dad.
- Free Library To Introduce Birding Backpack Program
- Rep. Poe Resigns From House Freedom Caucus Over Health Care Stance
- Pa. Black Lives Matter Calling For Resignation Of DA Seth Williams
- US Gas Prices Down A Penny Over 2 Weeks, To $2.34 A Gallon
- United Airlines In Twitter Trouble Over Dress Code Rules
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Making Impact On Swordplay Classes In West Philadelphia
- Lyft Says Round Up Your Fare And Donate To Charity
- Weather: Milder With A Wet Finish To March
- Thousands Lace For 4th Annual Philly Love Run
- Shooting At Cincinnati Nightclub Kills 1, Injures 15