NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say six people have been killed in a fast-moving fire that roared through a single-family home in New Jersey’s largest city.
The Essex County prosecutor’s office says the blaze broke out at around 4 a.m. Sunday in Newark. The fire soon spread to another residence, and both homes were destroyed.
Spokesman Thomas Fennelly says the fire doesn’t appear to be suspicious, but the cause remains under investigation.
Fennelly says everyone in the second home managed to escape safely.
Authorities say it appears some of the victims are related.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Jury In Market Street Building Collapse Civil Trial To Decide If Any Defendants Were Negligent
- How’d You Sleep? Steelers Get Hit With Familiar Late-Night Prank
- A Montgomery County High School Gears Up For Philadelphia Auto Show
- San Antonio officials: 1 Dead, 5 Injured In San Antonio Shopping Mall Shooting
- RECALL: Sierra Nevada Brewery Issues 36-State Recall Of Select Beers; Includes PA & NJ