6 Killed In House Fire In Newark, New Jersey
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say six people have been killed in a fast-moving fire that roared through a single-family home in New Jersey’s largest city.
The Essex County prosecutor’s office says the blaze broke out at around 4 a.m. Sunday in Newark. The fire soon spread to another residence, and both homes were destroyed.
Spokesman Thomas Fennelly says the fire doesn’t appear to be suspicious, but the cause remains under investigation.
Fennelly says everyone in the second home managed to escape safely.
Authorities say it appears some of the victims are related.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Shoppers Flock To Grocery Stores Ahead Of Latest Round Of Winter Weather
- City Of Philadelphia Announces Snow Emergency
- Police: Man Dies After Being Shot, Run Over In Feltonville
- Gov. Christie Declares State Of Emergency Ahead Of Winter Storm
- Cape May City Council Votes To Demote Police Chief, Loses Councilman In The Process