6 Killed In House Fire In Newark, New Jersey
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say six people have been killed in a fast-moving fire that roared through a single-family home in New Jersey’s largest city.
The Essex County prosecutor’s office says the blaze broke out at around 4 a.m. Sunday in Newark. The fire soon spread to another residence, and both homes were destroyed.
Spokesman Thomas Fennelly says the fire doesn’t appear to be suspicious, but the cause remains under investigation.
Fennelly says everyone in the second home managed to escape safely.
Authorities say it appears some of the victims are related.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Doppler Radar Shows Bird Migration
- SUV Lands On Top Of Overturned Vehicle In Northeast Philly Yard
- Another Tranquil Day, Heat And Humidity To Return
- Philly Or Bust: An Argentinian Family’s Epic Road Trip To See The Pope
- Baseball Commissioner Talks Fan Safety At Phillies Game Hours Before Fan Struck In Forehead With Foul Ball