NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say six people have been killed in a fast-moving fire that roared through a single-family home in New Jersey’s largest city.
The Essex County prosecutor’s office says the blaze broke out at around 4 a.m. Sunday in Newark. The fire soon spread to another residence, and both homes were destroyed.
Spokesman Thomas Fennelly says the fire doesn’t appear to be suspicious, but the cause remains under investigation.
Fennelly says everyone in the second home managed to escape safely.
Authorities say it appears some of the victims are related.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Parts of I-95 Briefly Shut Down Due To Philly Barricade Situation
- Truck Crashes Into Home In Bucks County
- New Victim Comes Forward In Bucks County Serial Child Rapist Case
- City, Taxpayers Foot Bill For Legal Fees Tied To Investigation Of DA Seth Williams
- Bucks County Mother On A Mission To Change The Perception Of Blindness