14-Year-Old Charged In Fatal PA Shooting
YORK, Pa. (AP) — A 14-year-old boy was charged with criminal homicide Saturday following a shooting in York that left another teenager dead.
Leonard Anthony Green III was taken to York County Prison following the early-morning shooting, prison officials said.
Green shot 17-year-old Patrick Winter of York once in the chest as he sat in the driver’s seat of his parked red BMW around midnight, investigators said.
Winter was pronounced dead at the scene and Green was arrested without incident at his home at around 6 a.m., police said.
Green told detectives that he walked up to Winter’s car and fired a handgun twice at him, then ran from the scene, according to a police affidavit that the York Daily Record posted online. It was unclear whether the teens knew each other.
It was unclear whether Green had a lawyer. His mother and grandfather were with him at the police station, the affidavit says, but attempts to reach them were unsuccessful. Green was charged as an adult with the approval of the York County district attorney’s office, police said.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Small Pets Welcome On Some Amtrak Trains Starting October 12th
- NJ Takes Margate To Court Over Protective Dunes On The Beach
- Beyond ‘Like:’ 5 Ways You Might Soon Emote On Facebook
- Jury Hears From Victims, Excavator Operator In Salvation Army Building Collapse Trial
- Buying Smokes In A Drug Store Would Be Banned Under Bill Introduced In Phila. City Council