President To Nominate 4 Judges To Federal Bench In Pennsylvania
By Mike Dougherty
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — President Obama today nominated five judges to serve on the bench in US District Courts. Four of them will work in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Gerald Pappert, a former Pennsylvania Attorney General, has been a partner at Cozen O’Connor in Philadelphia since 2012, and he was a partner at Ballard Spahr before that.
Wendy Beetlestone, a Penn Law Grad, is a former General Counsel for the School District of Philadelphia.
Mark Kearney is shareholder in a Blue Bell firm and earned his degree from Villanova.
Joseph Leeson Jr. of Bethlehem has worked as an arbitrator since 1981.
Obama said all of the nominees would be valuable additions to US District Courts. But first all nominees must be confirmed by the US Senate.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Malala Yousafzai Receives The 2014 Liberty Medal In Philadelphia
- Driver Hospitalized After Vehicle Slams Into Building In Center City
- Sayreville Board Of Education Votes To Suspend High School Football Coaches
- TV Show Creator Speaks To Students At Drexel University
- Pocono Mountain School District Schools Open Wednesday