President To Nominate 4 Judges To Federal Bench In Pennsylvania
By Mike Dougherty
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — President Obama today nominated five judges to serve on the bench in US District Courts. Four of them will work in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Gerald Pappert, a former Pennsylvania Attorney General, has been a partner at Cozen O’Connor in Philadelphia since 2012, and he was a partner at Ballard Spahr before that.
Wendy Beetlestone, a Penn Law Grad, is a former General Counsel for the School District of Philadelphia.
Mark Kearney is shareholder in a Blue Bell firm and earned his degree from Villanova.
Joseph Leeson Jr. of Bethlehem has worked as an arbitrator since 1981.
Obama said all of the nominees would be valuable additions to US District Courts. But first all nominees must be confirmed by the US Senate.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Hard Rock (Again) Dips Toe Into Atlantic City Casino Market
- Not Just Food: Liquor Sales Spiking Ahead of Expected Areawide Snowstorm
- Snow Emergency Goes Into Effect In Philly At 6 PM Monday
- PPA Offering Discounted Parking Until Snow Emergency Ends
- Suspect Arrested For Armed Robbery Spree Near Wilmington