By Mike Dougherty
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — President Obama today nominated five judges to serve on the bench in US District Courts. Four of them will work in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Gerald Pappert, a former Pennsylvania Attorney General, has been a partner at Cozen O’Connor in Philadelphia since 2012, and he was a partner at Ballard Spahr before that.
Wendy Beetlestone, a Penn Law Grad, is a former General Counsel for the School District of Philadelphia.
Mark Kearney is shareholder in a Blue Bell firm and earned his degree from Villanova.
Joseph Leeson Jr. of Bethlehem has worked as an arbitrator since 1981.
Obama said all of the nominees would be valuable additions to US District Courts. But first all nominees must be confirmed by the US Senate.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Pa. Senate Leader: No Immediate Vote On House Revenue Plan
- Flower Power: Mural Arts Project Aims To Highlight Immigration, Detention Issues
- US Attorney’s Office Pushes For Some Popular Philly Restaurants To Meet ADA Standards
- Kenney On Trump’s Travel Ban Plan: ‘His Twitter Thumbs Doomed His Position’
- Survey Says 7 In 10 Millennials Would Rather Text Than Talk In Person