By Kathy Orr
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A warm, humid air mass blankets the Delaware Valley and as a cold front approaches, there will be some early morning showers.
After that, some sun will break out Friday, and temperatures will rise to 83 degrees.
The sunshine will add energy to the unstable environment, so when the cold front moves through, showers and gusty afternoon/evening thunderstorms will form.
Some storms will contain heavy downpours and the possibility of small hail.
We will watch for localized flooding on streets and streams.
In the wake of the front, dry, comfortable weather returns for the weekend.
Saturday will be sunny, with a high of 81 degrees.
The weather looks perfect for dad on Sunday, with sunshine, the high, 83 degrees.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philly Restaurants Say DNC Was A Bust For Business
- Big Difference In Arrest Numbers Comparing 2016 DNC To 2000 RNC In Philadelphia
- Who Gets The Credit For Bringing The DNC To Philadelphia?
- Police: Boyfriend Arrested In Germantown Deadly Assault
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Target Of Cyberattack