By Kathy Orr
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A warm, humid air mass blankets the Delaware Valley and as a cold front approaches, there will be some early morning showers.
After that, some sun will break out Friday, and temperatures will rise to 83 degrees.
The sunshine will add energy to the unstable environment, so when the cold front moves through, showers and gusty afternoon/evening thunderstorms will form.
Some storms will contain heavy downpours and the possibility of small hail.
We will watch for localized flooding on streets and streams.
In the wake of the front, dry, comfortable weather returns for the weekend.
Saturday will be sunny, with a high of 81 degrees.
The weather looks perfect for dad on Sunday, with sunshine, the high, 83 degrees.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- New Law Will Give Some City Workers A Raise
- Former Philly Mayoral Candidate Sam Katz Busted At PHL With Marijuana
- Kenney, Union Officials Call Out Trump For Failing To Keep Promise To Philadelphia
- Robocalls Driving You Nuts? Here’s How To Hang Up On Them
- New Procedure Vows To Help Those Suffering From ‘Selfie Chin’