By Kathy Orr
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A warm, humid air mass blankets the Delaware Valley and as a cold front approaches, there will be some early morning showers.
After that, some sun will break out Friday, and temperatures will rise to 83 degrees.
The sunshine will add energy to the unstable environment, so when the cold front moves through, showers and gusty afternoon/evening thunderstorms will form.
Some storms will contain heavy downpours and the possibility of small hail.
We will watch for localized flooding on streets and streams.
In the wake of the front, dry, comfortable weather returns for the weekend.
Saturday will be sunny, with a high of 81 degrees.
The weather looks perfect for dad on Sunday, with sunshine, the high, 83 degrees.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Police: Texas Officer Arrested In Fatal Shooting Of Brother Who Is Deputy Sheriff
- ‘You Are The Reason I Teach’: Hero Teacher Jason Seaman Shot During Indiana School Shooting
- USC President Max Nikias To Resign After Scandal Involving Sex Abuse
- Man Killed During Philly Prom Party Was A Good Man Who Cared About His Community, Family Says
- SummerFest: A Philadelphia Summer