By Kathy Orr
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A warm, humid air mass blankets the Delaware Valley and as a cold front approaches, there will be some early morning showers.
After that, some sun will break out Friday, and temperatures will rise to 83 degrees.
The sunshine will add energy to the unstable environment, so when the cold front moves through, showers and gusty afternoon/evening thunderstorms will form.
Some storms will contain heavy downpours and the possibility of small hail.
We will watch for localized flooding on streets and streams.
In the wake of the front, dry, comfortable weather returns for the weekend.
Saturday will be sunny, with a high of 81 degrees.
The weather looks perfect for dad on Sunday, with sunshine, the high, 83 degrees.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- On Women’s Equality Day, A Look Back At The Early Fight For Equal Rights
- New Option On The Way For Regional Rail Riders Affected By Train Car Shortage
- 3 On Your Side Recall Roundup: Dangerous Microwave Ovens, Strollers, And Toys
- Movie Review: ‘Don’t Breathe’
- What’s Cooking On 1060: Organic Produce, Edible Bugs At South Jersey Market