WILDWOOD, NJ (CBS) – There are sure to be plenty of happy pups in Wildwood this weekend.
A new dog beach is set to open to the public on Saturday, June 14th.
Officials plan to cut the ribbon on the year-round dog-friendly beach at Poplar Avenue at noon. They say it’s an important addition to the shore community.
“Many families consider their four-legged friends family members and insist on traveling with their pets,” says the executive director of the Greater Wildwoods Tourism Improvement & Development Association (GWTIDA). “The Wildwoods now make it possible for the entire ‘family’ to vacation together.”
Previously, dogs were allowed on the beaches only during the off-season. The new ordinance passed on May 14th.
For more information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ‘Tournament Of Tails’ Raising Money, Awareness For Shelter Animals
- 84-Year-Old School Bus Driver Accused Of Sexually Abusing Several Children Since 1960s
- China Considers Tariff Increase To Make Up For US Import Losses
- Parents Awarded Tens Of Millions Of Dollars In Newborn’s Disfigurement Case
- ‘No Life Left In Her’: Teen Girl Dies From Injuries Sustained In Maryland School Shooting