WILDWOOD, NJ (CBS) – There are sure to be plenty of happy pups in Wildwood this weekend.
A new dog beach is set to open to the public on Saturday, June 14th.
Officials plan to cut the ribbon on the year-round dog-friendly beach at Poplar Avenue at noon. They say it’s an important addition to the shore community.
“Many families consider their four-legged friends family members and insist on traveling with their pets,” says the executive director of the Greater Wildwoods Tourism Improvement & Development Association (GWTIDA). “The Wildwoods now make it possible for the entire ‘family’ to vacation together.”
Previously, dogs were allowed on the beaches only during the off-season. The new ordinance passed on May 14th.
For more information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- CBS 3 Gets Rare Access Into Life-Saving 21-Day Flight Attendant Training Program
- Police: 72-Year-Old Woman Found Bound In Closet 4 Days After Being Assaulted, Robbed
- GOP-Sponsored Bill Blocks Over $1 Billion In Funding To Pennsylvania Sanctuary Cities
- Judge Rules Jury For Cosby Trial Will Be Picked From Another County
- 4 Dead, 2 Injured After Plane Hits Houses In California