WILDWOOD, NJ (CBS) – There are sure to be plenty of happy pups in Wildwood this weekend.
A new dog beach is set to open to the public on Saturday, June 14th.
Officials plan to cut the ribbon on the year-round dog-friendly beach at Poplar Avenue at noon. They say it’s an important addition to the shore community.
“Many families consider their four-legged friends family members and insist on traveling with their pets,” says the executive director of the Greater Wildwoods Tourism Improvement & Development Association (GWTIDA). “The Wildwoods now make it possible for the entire ‘family’ to vacation together.”
Previously, dogs were allowed on the beaches only during the off-season. The new ordinance passed on May 14th.
For more information, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Pup Released, Received Free Medical Care After Being Found In Trash Bag In Lawncrest
- Expert Explains: If You Want To Talk Politics, Be Informed
- Weather: Warm Temperatures Continue, Major Rain Ahead
- Pot Smokers ‘Toke Back The Wall’ In Rittenhouse Square
- Woman Claims She Suffered Hundreds Of Bedbug Bites In Bahamas