PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The Flyers announced on Friday they have signed all-around good guy and fan favorite, defenseman Kimmo Timonen, to one-year contract extension. The deal is reportedly worth $2 million in base salary, with about another $2 million in possible bonuses. Timonen will return for his eigth season with the Flyers and will turn 40-years-old in March.
In 2013-14, Timonen played in 77 games scoring six goals and 29 assists. He has never missed more than six games in any of his seven seasons with the Flyers.
Timonen ranks third all-time among Flyers defenseman in points (270) and assists (232). Timonen also ranks second in team history with five Barry Ashbee trophies (team’s best defenseman), behind Eric Desjardins.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- NFL Picks Week 4: Vikings Remain Perfect While Jaguars Grab First Win
- CBS Sports’ Dan Fouts Talks Dolphins-Bengals On TNF, Bills-Pats Sunday
- On The Rise: Matthew Fitzpatrick And European Tour’s Next Generation
- 3-0 Eagles Now Have 10th Shortest Super Bowl Odds
- Villanova Visits Elon Saturday, Looking For Fourth Straight Win