JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) — Gov. Chris Christie appears confident in his presidential prospects despite the ongoing bridge scandal that has tarnished his national reputation.
During an appearance on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” that aired late Thursday night, Christie was asked whether, “hypothetically,” he thinks he could beat Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton in a one-on-one matchup.
“Hypothetically? You bet,” responded the Republican governor.
Christie was considered a top 2016 contender before news broke that members of his administration redirected traffic on the George Washington Bridge in an apparent act of political retribution.
On the show, Christie poked fun at the scandal and participated in a recurring segment called “the evolution of dad dancing” that featured him busting various moves.
Christie later joked his dancing was more humiliating to his family than the scandal.
WATCH: Christie Bust A Move
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Woman Dead, Man Injured In Kutztown Shooting
- DA: 4 People Remain Unaccounted For, Presumed Dead Following Fire At West Chester Senior Living Facility
- ACA Enrollment Off To Fast Start, But Deadline Looms
- Portion Of Route 202 Shutdown Following Multi-Car Accident In Chester County
- Auditor General Rips Wording Of DNC Grant Agreement