JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) — Gov. Chris Christie appears confident in his presidential prospects despite the ongoing bridge scandal that has tarnished his national reputation.
During an appearance on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” that aired late Thursday night, Christie was asked whether, “hypothetically,” he thinks he could beat Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton in a one-on-one matchup.
“Hypothetically? You bet,” responded the Republican governor.
Christie was considered a top 2016 contender before news broke that members of his administration redirected traffic on the George Washington Bridge in an apparent act of political retribution.
On the show, Christie poked fun at the scandal and participated in a recurring segment called “the evolution of dad dancing” that featured him busting various moves.
Christie later joked his dancing was more humiliating to his family than the scandal.
WATCH: Christie Bust A Move
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Pieces Of Love Park Now Being Preserved In Malmo, Sweeden
- Police Investing Fatal Shooting That Leaves 1 Teen Dead, Another Injured In Kensington
- Police Seek Public’s Help After ATM Machine Is Stolen From NJ Diner
- Vine Street Expressway To Close For Final Phase Of Bridge Reconstruction
- Philly Announces First Ever Direct Flights To Iceland