Kensington Man Arrested For an April Murder in North Philadelphia
By Kim Glovas
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia police have arrested a Kensington man in connection with a murder in North Philadelphia earlier this year.
Police today announced the arrest of 19-year-old Orlando Garcia of East Cambria Street. He is charged with murder, weapons violations, and related crimes in connection with the shooting death of 28-year-old Omar Rodriguez on April 9th.
Police say Rodriguez and another man were inside a home that night in the 5000 block of F Street when both were shot. Rodriguez was pronounced dead at the scene just before midnight. The other man was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
On Tuesday, June 9th, police arrested Garcia in a second-floor apartment in the 2100 block of North Sixth Street.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Flooding Forces Dozens To Be Evacuated From Center City High-Rise
- City Officials Undecided Where Pope Francis Would Appear If He Visits Philadelphia
- 5 People Shot, 1 Fatally, Outside Feltonville Home
- Advocates Go Door-To-Door For Affordable Care Act
- Community Holds Vigil To Honor Victims Of Fatal Delco Double Shooting