By Kim Glovas
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Philadelphia police have arrested a Kensington man in connection with a murder in North Philadelphia earlier this year.
Police today announced the arrest of 19-year-old Orlando Garcia of East Cambria Street. He is charged with murder, weapons violations, and related crimes in connection with the shooting death of 28-year-old Omar Rodriguez on April 9th.
Police say Rodriguez and another man were inside a home that night in the 5000 block of F Street when both were shot. Rodriguez was pronounced dead at the scene just before midnight. The other man was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
On Tuesday, June 9th, police arrested Garcia in a second-floor apartment in the 2100 block of North Sixth Street.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Deliberations Resume In Trial for Ex-Cop In Walter Scott Killing
- Police: Fake News Story Led Gunman To Popular DC Pizzeria
- Local Standing Rock Supporters Positive, But Cautious About Pipeline Halt
- What Rules Should Cyclists Be Following?
- Is The Holiday Season Making You Sneeze?