By Todd Quinones
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An effort is underway to help a dog that may have been duct taped.
He was found alone wandering in Cumberland County, New Jersey.
He was thin and weak, but perhaps most disturbing are theses burns around his muzzle.
Rescuers believe they may be from being duct taped.
“Some of these marks on his muzzle could be from duct tape, somebody trying to be cruel and confine his mouth,” Sherri Smith of One Love Animal Rescue said.
Because he was in such sorry shape, Buckley as he’s been named, was taken out of a shelter and placed in foster care and is doing better.
But he’s not out of the woods just yet.
No one knows who may have ducted taped him, but his medical problems are extensive. He has Lyme disease, heartworm and mange, the result of being abused or neglected.
Sherri Smith and Stephanie Hawkins are from One Love Animal Rescue in Mount Laurel.
They say his mange is so bad, much of his fur is missing and his skin is raw.
“The whole surrounding of his eye just started leaking blood. It was the saddest thing I ever seen…You question humanity. You really question how people can be so heartless,” Hawkins said.
Buckley, a 10-month-old Lab mix, is under veterinary care and is on the mend since being found about two weeks ago.
He now weighs about 35 pounds.
And is looking for a home.
“All they want to do is be loved and lick your face and cuddle,” Hawkins said.
For more on information on how to help Buckley, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- ‘Tournament Of Tails’ Raising Money, Awareness For Shelter Animals
- 84-Year-Old School Bus Driver Accused Of Sexually Abusing Several Children Since 1960s
- China Considers Tariff Increase To Make Up For US Import Losses
- Parents Awarded Tens Of Millions Of Dollars In Newborn’s Disfigurement Case
- ‘No Life Left In Her’: Teen Girl Dies From Injuries Sustained In Maryland School Shooting