Worker Electrocuted In Parkside

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A worker was electrocuted in Philadelphia’s Parkside neighborhood Wednesday afternoon.

The incident was reported around 2:19 p.m. in the 4100 block of Parkside Avenue.

According to Philadelphia police, the worker was electrocuted while conducting renovation work on the first floor of a residential apartment building.

Police say the worker, possibly in his 30’s, was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was later pronounced dead.

PECO, L&I and police responded to investigate the incident.

Further details were not immediately available.

Comments

Comments are closed.

More From CBS Philly

2016 Guide To Holiday Mall Hours
What's New On The Nearby Slopes

Listen Live